10; Angel's New Roommate

ESME'S   POV

ESME'S POV

MONDAY 18th SEPTEMBER 2017

        "Where the heck are we?" I asked as we both stepped out of Kyle's car. He had pulled up outside of a massive forest and with the dark sky looming above us I was not happy with being in a place like that.

 He brushed it off and walked to the entrance which was just a small break in a line of prickly bushes. "Are you coming or what?" I hurried after him and moved through the entrance. Twigs cracked under my feet and leaves crunched which had me jumping in fear, there were noises around from the wildlife that surrounded us but I kept moving with him.

 Kyle seemed unfazed about the scenario we were in and casually strolled through the forest like he did it every weekend. I followed closely behind but my eyes were curiously looking around and analysing the area, I had never been somewhere like that and I didn't think that Kyle would want to go somewhere like that.

 "Where are we?" I kept my voice low.

 "Why are you whispering?" He chuckled gruffly.

 "In case there is a wolf nearby and we get killed," I hissed back at him. There was a loud howl from somewhere in the forest and I let out a yelp, grabbing onto Kyle's hand. "See? There's a flipping wolf in here!"

 He looked down at our intertwined fingers and I immediately pulled back with a dark blush on my cheeks. "We're nearly there," he coughed awkwardly. The trees started to get sparser as we made it to where he wanted us to be, and then the whole forest opened up into a small and clear pond in the middle. There was a mini natural fountain that was moving more water into the pond and a small stream that was taking the water back out and moving it elsewhere so it didn't overflow.

 I noticed there was a ladder hanging from one of the trees and looked up and see there was a massive treehouse that had been built.

 "This is beautiful," I gasped whilst moving further into the open area. "Did you build the treehouse?" I asked him.

 "Yeah when I was younger my dad and I built it," he looked up at it and then looked back at me. "Want to go swimming or have a look around the treehouse?"

 "I can't swim so I'll go for the latter," I laughed and walked over to the ladder. I tugged on it slightly to see if it was sturdy enough to take my weight and when I decided that it was probably safe I started to climb it until I got to the top and that's when I stepped out onto the wooden floor.

 "Wait up," Kyle climbed up after I did and then stepped next to me.

 "Does anyone else know this is here?" I asked in awe and walked into the treehouse to see that there was a window that was cut out that overlooked other trees and the forest. It was smaller once you were in it but it was still larger than any treehouse I had ever seen. There was a cute pull out bed that was in the corner with some silly kids games next to it.