Chapter 47: Tutoring Honoka with help from Kotori

Mishiga walked alongside Honoka, who actually seemed nervous. It was probably because Honoka had always visited Mishiga's house, yet Mishiga had never visited hers. Mishiga had told Rin that he'll be back by five.

"So, I remember Minami-senpai said something about your house being a traditional sweets shop, correct?" Mishiga asked.

"Well yes."

"Oh. No wonder you're always hyped up when it comes to idol stuff."

Honoka blushed slightly hearing this.

"Then again, I could be wrong."

"You're probably correct."

"Un. . ."

"We're here."

They both stopped right then and there, as right beside them was the traditional sweet shop Honoka's family owned.

"Okay. Lead me the way."

"Alright."

Honoka walked into the shop, Mishiga following soon after. There, they meet a man in his 30's, smiling.

"Ah, Honoka! Welcome home! Who's the guy behind you?" He asked.

"Oh. You can introduce yourself to him." Honoka gestured him to the man.

"Hello Mr. Kosaka. My name is Mishiga Shire. I am a student of Otonokizaka, and I came here to tutor your daughter. Nothing more, I promise." Mishiga bowed in the process. He didn't want to reveal that he was a junior of Honoka, fearing that Honoka would be laughed at.

"Ah~. Well thanks a lot. Saves myself some money to hire a tutor myself," the man said jokingly. Mishiga let out a small chuckle.

"Well, go ahead and teach her. Hopefully, she'll improve."

"Hopefully, huh?"

"I take that back. There's no hope for her." Once again, jokingly, as now both Mishiga and Mr. Kosaka was chuckling, although Honoka was very embarrassed. She then grabbed Mishiga's hand and dragged him to her room, passing by both her sister and mother.

Upon arrival, she locked the door to her room, while Mishiga just took one look of her room and was already heaving a heavy sigh. Honoka's room was very messy. Her clothes were all over the desk, bed and floor in either a small or large piles. It was also beginning to smell very bad.

"Kosaka-senpai! You should really clean your room!"

"I'm too la-"

Honoka was cut off when Mishiga grabbed her collar and pulled her close, their faces very close.

"I don't want laziness to be a reason. Clean your room."

Even with those simple statements and monotonous tone, it was clear that Mishiga was somewhere between calming down, or anger limit nearly bursting. Honoka gulped at this, and nodded out of fear. Mishiga set her down, and watched as she quickly grabbed some of the piles of clothes and ran out, nearly bumping onto Kotori.

"Shire-kun, did something happen? Honoka-chan's running quickly," Kotori asked, looking at Mishiga, who decided to help lessen Honoka's burden by carrying the clothes.

"I just told her to clean her room, since it'll help her focus better," Mishiga replied. Kotori, upon realising this, helped along, carrying some of the clothes and brought it to the washing machine, which Honoka's mother pointed out the way.

. . . . . . .

"Alright, your room looks as good as new. . . I suppose," Mishiga stated, as Honoka's room was sparkling bright. They had cleaned the room very thoroughly, and the result was very good.

"It does. Thanks, you two," Honoka said, smiling at them.

"Okay, tutoring time," Mishiga said and Honoka groaned, while Kotori sweat dropped.

. . . . . .

When he heard his watch beeping, he went to check his watch, revealing to be 4:50 PM.

"I gotta go," Mishiga stated, standing up. Mishiga had given and taught Honoka some techniques on learning better, and surprisingly, Honoka got a very good grasp at it, thanks to Kotori. Even Honoka, soon enough, learned to actually have fun learning.

Before Mishiga left, Honoka stood up and said his name. "Shire-kun."

"Yeah?" Mishiga turned around to face Honoka.

"Thank you very much. I appreciate your help," Honoka said, bowing down, causing Mishiga to be slightly flustered, his cheeks slightly tinted.

"Yeah. . ." Mishiga took his leave, leaving Kotori and Honoka alone.

"Honoka, why didn't you tell him?" Kotori asked.

"I. . . I can't. You do know he's younger than me, and I. . ."

Kotori seemed to understand, and had a grip on Honoka's shoulder.

"You have to tell him someday."

"I'll try tomorrow."

"You promise?"

"I promise."

This seemed to assure both Honoka and Kotori.

Meanwhile

Mishiga wore his earphones, listening to a song. The chorus was this:

Ikasama raifugeimu gankubi soroeta jookaa wa
Warau yagate kanousei wa kiesatta
Itsuka mita shoukei kegareteku yume wa magaimono
Warau hitori inore michibiki no mama ni

Mishiga realised that, like before, it began to rain. Mishiga heaved a sigh before he kept walking on, ignoring the rain, not knowing that someone was watching him from afar.