Chapter 31 - Kiss My Troubles Away

Start from the beginning

"Listen here you Prick! How dare you? How dare you cancel the Frank Mattews meeting on me. I was incharged, he was MY Client. You need to call me back right now Ayan! Or else the consequences will affect you!" With a huff, I angrily placed the phone back and sighed...

He better fix this or else this company will drown, and with that... he will too.

💫💫💫

Aisha's POV

12.44am

I was currently standing at the corner of the lobby, my shift was over and I wanted to go home. But not before talking to Rohan.

2 days. I haven't seen him in 2 days, and all I could think about was him. The only person I wanted to talk to was him. The past 2 days haven't been great... I just wanted him to once listen and try to understand. But Rohan having to listen and understand never comes together.

Though today was different. I saw him walk out, and as usual he pretended as if I don't exist. But that's not the point. The point is, Rohan walked out of the gate by himself, WITHOUT his two big, huge, gigantic security guards, who always protect him like a shield.

Both of his security guards were pacing around the main lobby like lunatics, which I assume they were waiting for Rohan. And like them, I was also worried.

Did I mention it's 12:45am? I finished my shift at night 12, and it's been 45 minutes of me just hiding behind a wall, wanting to find where Rohan is. I just hope he's safe.

Should I ask his guards, or wait... I don't know. I've probably have called Rohan like 30 times now, and I'm not dumb. I know he's avoiding me, nobody cuts a call so quick, like Rohan is. He's knows everything.

"I'll be back from the restroom in 2 minutes." I heard a hard british accent slur, it was one of Rohan's guards. He placed his bluetooth device and phone on the reception desk, before walking ahead to the gents restroom.

Shit, yes!

I made my way out of the corner and gently tip toed towards the reception desk, clear from the other guard whose back was faced towards me and he was by the gate.
Don't let him see you Aisha, don't let him see you.

I quickly grabbed the phone, and placed it in the front pocket of my black skirt.
Now make your way out.

My hand digged inside the pocket, to hide him from seeing the phone. As I walked past he gave me a curious glance but I smiled and let myself out the gate outside.

Yes! Success.

Not even 10 seconds and the phone starts to ring. Holy crap! What do I do? I can't pick it, they'll see me through the glass gate.

I ducked my head down and kept walking, ignoring the sound of the phone ringing...
I rounded the corner of the street, glancing up at the night sky, I sighed, a smile took over my face. The night sky was such a welcoming sight, appearing like magic. It was the promise of life in the darkness, a sense of warmth springing from the cold.
Seeing the sky was like a message to me, telling me to make good use for today. And I will.

Bing!
The mobile chimed with a text message, forcing me to peel my gaze from the sky.

I reached out to my pocket, got the phone and opened it. And of course my smile widened and my heart ached with happiness as it was from Rohan.

- Peck meup

I frowned, a small laugh escaped my lips... wait what? Is he drunk?

Bing!
Another text. My eyes drifted back to the phone.