Then all the sudden, she heard a loud 'clunk'.

She turned her gaze to the other side of the room, where the painting of Judith sat face down on the hardwood floor.

Now if Courtney was around her father at this time, he would've nudged her to pick it up and to stop being a big baby.

But luckily, Doug was nowhere to be found.

Courtney's converse dug into the Shay carpet until they hit the hardwood.

She bent down carefully to pick up the oil painting, and to place it back on its hook in the office.

If she hung the painting back up, she noticed something very peculiar about though familiar photo.

Judith was nowhere to be found.

Courtney shivered as she heard faint flute music coming from the other side of the office.

As she turned around, it was almost as if the paining was a picture book, and if Judith wasn't real.

Judith crept through the darkness to reach Courtney, a bright smile through her razor-sharp teeth.

Courtney immediately sprinted out the door, slamming it shut firmly as she went to meet her dad.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Out of all the places in Seymour's Bay, Gene felt the most comfortable inside the Wharf Of wonders library.

It was the safest place away from Logan and his rookies, knowing that they weren't into the history of the town.

But Gene was, and he knew a lot more than Logan would like to admit.

So the boy kept to himself, his nose buried in some kind of book.

Except today was different.

Gene had bought a postcard of a lighthouse, similar to the one he built the project on, and pondered up a poem.

You're hair is fire
January embers
My heart burns there too

- You're Secret Admirer <3

As Gene admired his handiwork, the librarian, who had retrieved a history book for the boy, slammed the book onto the table and startled him.

"Isn't it summer. Aren't you supposed to be having fun with your friends?"

Gene sighed, the librarian realizing her mistake, before turning and leaving.

He slid the book over to him, words spelling out 'history of Seymour's Bey" as an emblem on the cover.

Gene opened the book, flipping through the pages, until he reached his destination.

Easter Egg Hunt Catastrophe Of 1908

He read along the passage, taking note of the details.

Gene noticed a small excerpt on the next page, a photo of almost a hundred people gathered around a tree.

It was unclear what they were looking at, but Gene immediately wanted to know.