•~• CHAPTER 33•~•

Começar do início

"I know... I know Conner. I shouldn't have left you. I only want to be here with you," I choke out. His eyes almost soften but then he looks back towards Faith and again throws a punch at her. I can hear her jaw cracking and her scream dies as she can no longer speak. Her tears seem never ending and the sight immediately makes me want to die just to save her.

"You just want her! You couldn't give a shit less about me and your pack! You want your new toys, Sage. You want to leave me!" He grips at his hair, walking a little closer to me again. "I gave you everything! Everything!"

"Please Conner... take me instead. I won't leave again, just please let her go back. Please Conner. I want to be with you but she has to go to her mate."

"Ryan will be her mate. She's not going anywhere..." his eyes glaze over my body. "But she will be taken care of. Once she belongs to Ryan, I won't touch her again."

He looks at the battered and broken down girl I call my sister. "Until then, you will both be held in the prison. You belong to this pack and you will remember that."

"Are you going to come willingly now, Sage? Or does Faith need to pay more for your mistakes?"

One glance at her and my decision is made. I can't leave her.

Conner takes his shirt off and holds it out to me. With remorse, I walk up to him and take the awful smelling fabric from him.

His eyes don't leave my body until the shirt finally hides what I have.

"Good choice," he sneers, pushing me towards the doors. I go over the numbers in my head again. If we go inside, I'll have absolutely no chance to escape. They'll be too many. Too many. Eleven is too many but I have to try. The longer I'm around Conner, the more likely it is that he'll smell my scent change...smell my unborn child.

When I glance towards my sister, her eyes are already on me. I can see it in her eyes. She knows my decision before even I do. And when she gives me a barely interpretable nod, my choice is made.

Conner stumbles forward when I twist out of his light hold. Before anyone has any time to react, I've already shifted back to my fighting form with one of the warriors under me. His shoulder is ripped open to the point of no return without lots of medical attention. I bite into the limp arm and throw his into one of his friends, moving on to my next victim. I want Ryan...and then Conner, but they have already ducked behind the other warriors like the cowards they are. So instead, I pounce over the wolf in front of me and rip into the throat of my man holding my sister too tightly. She lumps away from him as he bleeds out on the field.

'Shift and run,' I demand in her mind, my claws taking the next victim as they sink deeply into his chest.

'You think I'm leaving you?' She yells back, a groan in her voice. She's in pain.

'I'm telling you to go get help. I'm telling you to save both of us by getting the hell out of here,' my voice echoes with how strong my order is.

Her wolf comes out as I break the jaw of the fourth male, ending his opportunity to bite. How do they like the feeling of being beaten?

I lose my concentration when Faith pounces on one of the official, wrestling him to the ground. I pay dearly when it's me who gets pinned. The growling form of Ryan of all people glowers down at me. Saliva drips from his muzzle and I struggle below him, trying with all I have to latch onto his throat but coming up mostly with air.

As Faith snaps the neck of her victim, my teeth finally get ahold of his shoulder and I use this to roll him from on top of me.

He whines loudly as I sever the tendon holding his arm in place and quickly tries to return the attack by grabbing the only thing open to him in this position: my ear. I feel it tear and blood immediately covers my face. He snaps again and his teeth get access to the side of my face. My cheek burns and some skin hangs loosely as more blood flows. I can't even see out of my right eye. There's so much blood.

I grunt out and shift my head, his neck coming into my mouth easily in the transition. This is for Faith. This is because he thought he could actually take her for himself.

His yelp falls silent almost immediately as I rip his throat from his body. The Wild has taken over. There's too much blood for me to think about anything but more blood.

My vision turns on Conner who has fallen to his knees. He didn't expect his best friend to go down. Especially not to his weak little bitch.

My pissed off growl gets his attention and his pained eyes narrow into slits. His body starts shaking in rage and his limbs start to rearrange themselves as he falls onto all fours.

Two wolves tackle me, holding me down by mere weight alone as Conner stalks slowly towards me, licking his chomps like he's preparing himself to enjoy this.

Faith howls to my side and I turn to see her being held off my the last two standing that aren't helping Conner.

I thrash, needing to get to her. Needing to save her. Needing to get away.

The wolf to my right- the one I can see- loses a hand as I bite all the way through his front arm. He howls and skirts away away from me, pained cries coming from him as he tries shakily to nurse the heavily bleeding wound.

I growl at the other wolf, thrashing again but it's too late. Conner has decided to step in. I have to put my focus on him.

Conner's wolf snaps at the wolf attempting to keep me still and the wolf backs off, allowing me up.

Conner immediately starts circling me, his eyes hooded and his teeth exposed threateningly.

I keep my eyes trained on him even though I know the male behind me will probably jump in at any moment. Conner isn't known for fighting fair.

I've gotten myself in some deep shit.