•Shattered•

Cal's Pov

I ran my fingers through Alana's hair, her head resting on my chest.

"How long do we have?" Alana finally spoke, I glanced at the clock.

"10 minutes," I said softly. She sighed and sat up.

"Can't we just do it now? I feel so anxious and scared while waiting." She explained. I smiled at her and brushed the hair from her face.

"Ok," I said simply, sitting up. I kissed her lips gently and put on a t-shirt with sweatpants. "Wait here," I said. She nodded her head. I ran downstairs to the kitchen, grabbing a glass of water I pulled out the pill I bought, dropping it in her drink it started to fizzle.

I knew it was wrong to drug her and send her off, but it had to be done. I couldn't do it, I couldn't take her soul. I would deal with lucifers punishment myself and I would make sure no one finds her.

Once the drink had finished I walked up to my room and handed her the glass. She took it gratefully.

"Drink up, then get dressed in some clothes," I said turning my back to her, I couldn't stand to watch her drink it.

"Ok." She answered putting her empty glass down, walking toward her room.

"She drank it..." I said to myself sitting my eyes and sitting down. Even with my eyes shut tears escaped and they fell to the ground. I heard her door open outside and I quickly wiped away my tears and stood up. Walking out of my room I grabbed her hand and lead her downstairs.

"I don't want to do this here," I explained grabbing her waist. She smiled up at me and placed her arm over my hand.

"Ok." She said softly. Her eyes seemed droopy and her head rested on my shoulder. The drug was working. Slowly I began leading her down the hall, toward the elevator.

"Alana?" I asked gently.

"Mm?" She said back yawning.

"I love you," I said, she turned her head up and kissed me softly.

"I love you too." She replied. The elevator door dinged open and we both walked toward the doors. I held her upright and saw the black car Markus promised to park in front. I felt tears gather in my eyes as I opened the car door, slowly placing Alana in the seat. Then like that, I shut the car door, tears flowing hard from my face. This caught Alana's attention, she glanced at the door and then at me through the window.

"What are you doing?" She asked, her words muffled a little by the glass. I looked above at the sky and breathed in, tears rushing quickly down my face. Gathering my strength I put my hand on the window.

"I love you. I can't do it..." I said. Her eyes widened and she began to panic. I wanted to pick her up and say how sorry I was but I didn't. I just watched her panic and suffer, because that's the demon I am.

"Cal open this door." She said, pulling on the handle, but the driver locked the doors. I bent down so I was in line with the car window.

"I'm sorry but I can't." Her eyes filled with tears and she banged her hands on the glass, the drug made her strength weak.

"Cal! Cal! Open the door! Please...please open the door!" She cried. I looked away and stood up, tapping the car twice to tell the driver he can drive.

"I love you!" I cried with a broken voice. I shut my eyes tight, letting the rest of my tears let go. I glanced one more time at the car but averted my gaze. I couldn't look at it, I couldn't see her drive off.

I walked back toward my apartment, the lobby empty. My walking was sloppy and my head dropped, I wasn't going to see her ever again. ever. But at least she's safe. At least I know she's safe.

Walking toward the elevator I pressed the button, the doors opened and I stepped inside. My breathing was dead silence as the doors opened again, walking into my apartment I slammed the door shut.

"Shit..." I said to myself, the lump in my through began to hurt.

"You shouldn't say that Cal." A voice cooed from behind me. I lifted my head slowly and turned my head slowly.

"She's not here Patric." My words were harsh. Patric chuckled and let his head drop.

"I know. I'm not stupid." He answered, walking toward the sofa and sitting down. Why did he look so happy?

"So what are you doing here?" I asked pouring myself a glass of water. He shrugged and sighed.

"To be honest... I'm here for you." I put my glass down and looked at him, with intense eyes.

"Shouldn't you be looking for Alana?"

"Oh. No, no I already have her." My breath hiked and my eyes widened. My grip tightened in the glass I was holding, soon shattering it.

"Wha..."

"It's five minutes past midnight... it's the 19th" Patric interrupted. Theories raced through my head. How did he get her?"

"How did I get her? Is that your question? It was so easy Cal, I thought you could do better than this." He said with a smirk. I narrowed my eyes at him.

"It was easy. I just got your stepbrother Lance to follow you around. I also tracked your calls. You asked... Was Markus it? I forget. Anyway, you asked him to organize a black car to take Alana away. So I sent one of my angels to be her taxi driver. But here comes the fun part." Patric laughed. "You drugged her!" He burst out laughing. "Meaning she couldn't use that crazy strength power to get out of the car! Within seconds she passed out!" He clapped his hands and wiped a tear away. His laugh made my heart break thousands of times. I felt sick...

"I mean, what kind of person are you? Drug your girlfriend. I mean I could do better, and I'm terrible at romance." He finished. I took a step back, tears falling fast from my face. I felt drunk, I couldn't walk and I couldn't see anything past a meter.

Patric was right. What kind of man am I? I didn't save Alana... I gave her away. I gave her away so easily. I should've taken her soul, I should have just been the demon I am. I looked up at Patric who was walking toward me, his steps long and calm.

"I'll wake you up when you've had some sense knocked into you."

Then everything went black.