Chapter 2

"What's wrong?" I ask worriedly.

"Heh, I've just been kinda upset lately... my mom bought me a dress and she refuses to call me Jax. She still calls me Jennifer. I hate it," Jax said as he looked on the brink of tears.

"I'm so sorry... when my parents were alive, my dad would always tell me to stop being childish and that I was mentally retarded. When my doctor diagnosed me, they both killed themselves, my dad out of regret, and my mom because of my dad," I explained. He looked at me solemnly for a few moments.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know,"

"Well yeah, I never told anyone." We sat in a silence for a few minutes.

"Rebecca, can yo-" Jax was interrupted by the teacher walking up to me and tapping me on the shoulder. I looked up at her.

"Ms. Stanley, follow me," she said sternly as I followed her to the principle's office. Was I in trouble?

We walked into the tight and blank-walled beige room. Mr. Actin was sitting in his black desk chair.

"Ms. Stanley. Thank you for joining me. Please have a seat," he said with an orotund tone. I took a seat in the mint green chair.

"Rebecca, do you know why you are in here?" Mr. Actin asked me. I looked at him nervously.

"N-no," I stammered. He adjusted his position in his chair.

"This morning our school counselor, Mr. Day, received many reports that you were yelling in the hall this morning. This is the 7th occasion I have received in the past month. Tell me why."

"W-well, um, I uh, well you see, I-I was diagnosed with something l-last year, and, um, yeah," I said, shaking like a bee's wings in flight.

"Okay, what were you diagnosed with?" He asked with a curious look on his face.

"Sch..." I paused before continuing, "s-Schizophrenia."

"And why exactly were we not informed by your parents of this earlier?"

"They're dead, sir," I said suddenly confident. "You guys don't pay much attention to your students, do you?"

The words ran out of my mouth as if it were a faucet. To my first statement, he looked surprised, to my second, he looked offended.

"Now! Ms. Stanl..." he began angrily. He then cleared his throat. "Ms. Stanley. We have over 2,600 students enrolled at this school. Do you really think I can keep track of everything? Anyways, I must make a few calls. I expect to see you in this office at 8:00 am tomorrow. Don't be late," he finished.

"Yes sir," I responded.

"Go." I got up and walked out of the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Rebecca. I'm leaving in three days to move to South Dakota, and there's something I need to tell you. Rebecca I..." Jax said to me.

"What is it, Jax?" I asked him curiously.

"Rebecca I... this is difficult for me. Rebecca... I love you," Jax said, looking me in the eyes.

———————————————————————————————

Hey guys!!! Sorry for not updating yesterday, I had a test today that I was really stressed about (darn algebra) anyways, thanks for reading and tell me what you think!