Chapter Four: Upcoming Storm

Start from the beginning

Yolanda was the first person to notice the distress, the anxious habits and fearful gazes. At first she thought there were problems at home, that my hillbilly dad finally became the town drunk and brought his frustration out on mom and dad. Little did she know, my father never touched a drink in the past thirteen years and he would never hurt a fly. Then she predicted my distress with boyfriend problems- I had to scoff at that statement. Bow and I haven't spoken in over two weeks, he stopped trying to contact me as I tried no to think about him. After that she gave up for the rest of the day and decided to watch from afar. Now two pairs of eyes were on me, at least I know one of them would not harm me.

April 17th.
Courtney and I had a fight. Apparently Yolanda blabbed about my distressed habits and fearful gaze over my shoulder, I knew she didn't do it to harm me- like any other human being she was concerned. I still couldn't tell Courtney about the pregnancy and what happened to me that caused my pregnancy. It would only make things worse in my case. I needed to leave before this deadly game ends and before any one noticed my little secret.

April 20th.
I finally brought the ticket to Canada, I leave in two days. I have my stuff packed and ready to go, now all I need to do was solve the issues I would leave behind. Starting with Bow.

A loud crack of thunder came upon the town as if Hell Gates were opening up, soon a strike of purple lightning made my heart pound as if god himself was sending the demons back to their holes. I stood up from the beanbag and stretched my limbs, a little break would help- it'll give me time to think about everything. One of it being: what happened to Naomi to get her pregnant?

Looking out the window, a flood was forming on the streets as the thick drops of rain came down like baseballs. The wind was at max speed, leaves and branches were knocked off trees and flying everywhere. My chest caved in from the site of the storm, it only gave me bad memories; not the calm nature that everyone usual gain during this.

My parents died during a storm like this one on a car accident, they were coming home from an romantic dinner- thinking they could drive through easily but they misjudged the others cars on the road. It was ten years ago, I was eight and very fragile; I haven't spoken to anyone in weeks. It took a while for me to come out of that silent state of mind when I were in foster care for a good three months, during that time Aunt Joyce was trying to fight for custody. If my grandmother gotten a hold on me, I would be in hell and she would use me as a piggy bank since she's in control of my parents insurance money until I turn twenty-one.

The streets were clear, even a killer/stalker knows not to put himself in harms way. I seem to have slightly relaxed, but my mind was still going- trying to figure out what to do and where to start. I wonder if Gabriel will still help me solve this thing, I doubt it, he was really committed on his father's badge and skills. If only he would listen to me for once. Men, can't even open their ears to what's actually important.

My stomach growled, twisting slowly from the lack of a healthy meal other than corn chips for lunch. I made my way downstairs, another strike of lightening illuminated the dim lighted living room, thunder soon followed- indicating that the storm was finally passing by.

Unlike the living room, Aunt Joyce did stock up the kitchen, being that she loves cooking more than fighting crime. I wasn't the one to actually step in the kitchen willingly unless it was the last resort to eat. I decided to grab an apple, before I could bite down on the last resort of stopping my insides from eating me; a loud crash from upstairs mixed in with another rumble of thunder.

"Christ." I mumbled before running towards the front door to grab the metal bat. The floor boards upstairs creaked slowly, my palms became sweaty and heart pounded out my chest, legs shaking as the adrenaline coursed through my veins. "Hey! W-who ever is up there, just know I have a gun." I regretted my announcement, it was a stupid choice, even a blonde wouldn't do this.