"Happy eighteenth sister!" she yelled. She acknowledged Sara and Brad, although she had only met Sara for a brief time.

I turned around and hugged her too. I noticed that the group in front of me was a group of my close friends, although they all barely knew one another.

"Has anyone seen Tristan?" I asked mainly to Michelle. Her eyebrow raised for a slight moment, and then she looked at Meredith, who returned the look.

"You'll see him soon!" Meredith smiled with a wink.

I wondered around the party and greeted everyone that I knew. Some people that were invited were extras in Spotlight, or they were actually famous A-listers. I was so happy; yet surprised that so many people had shown up specifically for me.

The party had gotten harder to move around and greet people as everyone began arriving, and the sun set over the hills in the backdrop. An hour had nearly passed and there was no sign of my boyfriend yet which surprised me.

"Mae! Come inside, I'll get you a drink!" Brian called from behind me. He softly placed his hand on my wrist, and led me into the back of the hotel where there was a little bar and a man in a tuxedo holding a silver bottle, which he poured to every partygoer as they passed him their cup.

Brian pushed past the man and led me to the small fridge that the tuxedo man was keeping hidden behind the bar.

"Are you allowed to drink after your incident?" Brian asked as he handed me some champagne bottles, which I placed on the bar behind me.

"It's nearly been a month Brian! And of course, I drank at the premiere a few weeks ago," I groaned. I know he was joking but it still pained me to think that people associated me with that incident even though my publicist did their best to clear my name.

We found my favorite flavor of mixed drinks, and he poured it into my red solo cup.

"Have you seen your boyfriend tonight?" he asked, raising one eyebrow and bobbling his head on the word boyfriend.

"I haven't actually. Is he even here?" I asked.

"I saw him around before, I'm sure he isn't too far away," he assured me. At that moment, the music sound faded out and all the lights around the pool went out, leaving only the blue glow of the water in between the array of guests.

I ducked my head around the bar to get a better view of what was going on, but found that we were still secluded from the party by a white divider shaped wall.

"What's happened?" Brian asked as he led the way back down to the party. Before we could make our way to where the guests were standing in chunks, everyone started cheering.

"What the hell?" I asked, trying to push my way past Brian to see what the commotion was about. Suddenly, an ever so bright light shone into my face and I shielded my eyes from it.

The cheers only got louder when I stepped out into the view of the guests. I had no idea what was happening. I just imagined the news headlines when the rest of the world found out that I got abducted by aliens at my own birthday party, because that's what felt like was about to happen.

A soft electric guitar beat begun as I tried to focus on the beat to see if it sounded familiar, and it sure was.

The light faded from my face as the entire surroundings got darker as my eyes focused on what was actually happening.

A voice begun to sing.

"We'll do it all
Everything
On our own

We don't need
Anything
Or anyone"