Beach Conversations (18)

January 5th 2016
8:46 pm
Mya's Pov-
We were currently at the beach roasting marshmallows.

By we, I mean Joel, Yoandri, Alexis, Conan, Jesus, and I. Amanda couldn't make it because she was visiting her family in San Diego.

"How did you like my Grandma's food?" Joel asked me.

"100% delicioso" I replied with a smile. He returned the smile and looked into my eyes.

"What do you see?" I asked, looking into him as well.

"I see myself."

"I see myself in your eyes too"

"That's because I only have eyes for you my lady" he replied, and like always... I blushed.

"Gosh Joel! No its called reflection. Joel this is your third pickup line in a day calmate mushasho" Yoandri said making Joel and I laugh.

Conan began to string cords on his ukulele, "I would like to sing one of my songs for you guys, yeah?" he asked.

We all assured him and waited for him to begin. While he sang he looked at Alexis and so did she. It wasn't a look friends would give each other, it was something else.

They like each other.

Once he was done we clapped for him.

"Wow, that was amazing" Yoandri told Conan.

"Thank you, I wrote it for someone special" Conan replied.

"Who could that be?" Jesus asked him.

"Um- did you guys know Mya also sings?" Conan said changing the subject.

They all turned to look at me waiting for me to go on.

"You didn't tell us that Mya" Joel said.

"Mya is a very reserved person but I'd think she told you guys. Come on Mya let us hear that beautiful voice of yours!" Alexis said.

"I- I do sing. But I'm not going to sing right now." I said.

"Why not?" Jesus said.

"Because I ate hot cheetos and my voice is gonna crack"

"True, but still a lame excuse!" Yoandri said.

I smiled at him and then we all went into our little separate conversations with each other.

Joel got up and stretched his hand out for me to take,"let's go walk around"

I took his hand and we began to walk towards the water.

"What else do I not know about you Mya?" Joel asked.

"Lots of things Joel"

"Like..?" He questioned.

"Well, what would you like to know?"

"Your friends"

"We're all kind of different from one another, and I think that makes us fit very well in our group. I also love them lots" I replied.

"What about Jesus?"

It was an unexpected question because Jesus and I hadn't done anything that made it seem like we once liked each other, or so I thought.

"I see how he looks at you, were you guys ever a thing?" Joel asked me in a calm tone.

"Kinda"

"You don't have to tell me you know? I was just curious"

"It's okay, I'll tell you."

We sat down and listened to the waves for a moment before I began, "So Jesus and I met Junior year of high school, the first time I saw him I knew we would grow close. Once I like someone I like them for a very long time, and it's kinda hard for me to let go. We ended up graduating and going to college together. He knew I liked him and kept it at that. Before I went to Miami we confessed our feelings to each other. It turned out he liked me too. When he told me that I felt a bit of happiness but then it also broke me. It was sad but I told him I was ready to move on, and we stayed at that. Just friends."

"Do you still like him?" Joel asked.

"It's been hard but I've let those feelings go, he's also in the process of that and he's seeing someone at the moment. We're happy for each other if anything."

"Are you seeing someone at the moment as well?" Joel asked me with a smile.

"I believe I am"

🏖🏖🏖
This was a long chapter but I liked it. :)
The song Conan sang is up there if you would like to listen to it!
It's one of his original songs and I really like it! He has many great songs that I will be including in upcoming chapters but if you can't wait until then for his greatness he's Conan Gray on YouTube  :)
Thanks for reading, take care! 💗