Scared To Drift Away

Start from the beginning

We laughed for a moment when I got felt disgusted looking at that paper from hell. Fuck complex math.

“Well that’s enough of hurting my brain.” I shoved the paper back into my bag and lied back in the chair.

Gladly enough, this was our last period, study hall. Tori and I had some classes to other. First period history, it was Tori, Ange and myself. Second period chemistry it was Ange and I. Third period English was all of us. Fourth period child development, it was only me with couple of my other friends. Fifth period was algebra, which Tori and I share. And for sixth period, it was all of us in study hall.

Well, it’s usually all of us. But Ange had to redo some things for our stick-im-the-ass chemistry teacher.

“Are we still up for Sheetz after school and movie night?” she asked.

“Hell ya’, we are.”

We went on talking about Mr.Cobb when Ange came into the room and walked over to our corner of the study hall room.

“How was your afternoon with Ms.Grey?” Tori asked as Ange took his seat in front of mine.

“Pure hell. She got mad at me because I got there a minute late. Her room is on the other side of the damn school!” Ange exclaimed, gathering a few weird glances from some people close to us.

I glared at them until they looked away.

“Dude, she’s just crazy,” I said, and they all agreed with me.

“Oh yea, I have a huge favor to ask you guys,” he said.

“Okay, what is it,” I replied.

“Well you know Kelly right?”

“Yea, what about her?” Tori asked

“You know how I have a crush on her right?”

“What !Really! We never would have guessed it,” I said, sarcasm embedded in my voice.Ange roughly nudge my shoulder and we all laughed.

“Well, I finally asked her out.”

“Ange, that’s great! When is your date?” Tori asked.

“Well that’s kind of what I wanted to talk to you guys about. Our date is tonight… so I just wanted to know if it was okay if I skip out on movie night.”

Tori and I looked at each other for a moment, and by the look on her face, she was thinking the same thing I was.

“Of course it’s okay Ange. We know you really like her so why would we be mad?”Tori told Ange.

“You guys are the best,” he said, grinning from ear to ear.

We went on the rest of the period, talking about what Ange should not do on his date; giving him some pretty good advice, though he didn’t really agree with us.

The bell rang and we all gathered our stuff and got the fuck out of that hell hole, I mean school. Ange went off to his car while Tori and I claimed into my car and drove off to Sheetz.

         ~-~after eating at Sheetz~-~

After Tori and I stuffed our faces with the wonderful food that Sheetz provides us, we went back to my house. We climbed out of my car, leaving most of our stuff in the backseat of the car, and went inside the house.

“Chris, is that you?” I heard my mom asked from the kitchen.

“No mom; it’s Jesus,” I said triggering Tori’s giggles.

We walked from the living room into the kitchen where my mom was. My brother and sister where sitting at the breakfast bar, their back turns against us. My mom was over the kitchen sink, washing some dishes.

“Hi Mrs.Cerulli,” Tori said to my mom with a big smile. We stood next to the breakfast bar.

“Hi Victoria,” my mom said back to her.

“Are you staying over?” my mom asked.

My mom calls it ‘staying over’ because our movie nights usually end up with us falling asleep on my bed and over the living room couch, but we normally watch  the movies in my room because my mom isn’t very fond of horror movies.

Or in other words, she’s terrified of them.

“Doesn’t she always?” Nick, my brother said, which led me to ‘lightly’ hit him on the arm.

“Ow! Douchebag!” he yelled.

“Nick! Language!” my mom yells back at him.

“Chris started it!”

“Well I’m stopping it,” she stopped washing the dishes to put her hand on her hip.

“Good come-back mom,” my little sister added.

Tori was trying to hold in her laughter. “Yes, I will be ‘staying over’; if it’s okay with you.”

“Of course it’s okay. You know I love having you here.”

“Yea, well, we’re going up stairs,” I took Tori’s hand and led her to my mom, so I can kiss the top of her head and then dragged Tori upstairs.

“Don’t have to volume all the up Chris!” mom yelled from downstairs.

“What! Turn the volume all the way up? Okay!” I yelled back at her, walking down the hallway toward my bedroom.

I heard her sigh as I closed my bedroom door, but it was heard to hear over Tori’s laughter.

“You’re such a smartass,” she said, walking to my bed and letting herself drop down.

“Oh, but you love me though,” I said, smirking. I walked over to my bed, which was on pressed against the wall. Tori was on the side next to the wall. I crawled on the bed.

“I do love you.”

I could feel the warmth of my heart come through the fabric of my Slipknot shirt. The simple word of ‘Love’ coming from her mouth made my heart beat faster.

Oh I wish she knew the effect she had on me. She’s so beautiful and so special to me, I really do feel strongly about her. I want to hold her, and hug her, and kiss her.

I looked at her, she was wearing a black The Smiths shirt and dark red jeans that hugged her body. She had a thin coat of eyeliner around her grey eyes, and a light red lipsticks, that made her lips look so kissable.

I could kiss her right now…I don’t know how she would react to it… I hope she wouldn’t think I was a creep if I kissed her…Ange has said that he thinks that Victoria feels the same way I feel about her… I could kiss her…just one kis-

“So what movie are we going to watch?” she asked, breaking me from my thoughts.

“Um…I don’t know. I’ll see what we have,” I removed myself from the bed and over to the tv stand where we had all the movies. Scenarios of kissing her ran across my mind.

I pushed them back, I couldn’t think about it know…

We decided to watch The Lost Boys, Dracula, Halloween, The Night Stalker and It, until we started feeling a little sleepy. Tori was the first to knock out in the middle of It.

She curled up next to me and then I fell asleep. When I woke up about an hour later, Tori found her way into my arms. I tried not to move that much as I reached for the remote to turn the tv off.

When I did, I pulled Tori closer to me, taking in the scent of her hair. I fell asleep and she was still in my arms.

In my arms…