34~ "Let's get engaged."

Start from the beginning

“It's okay. I had these days with my ex, too,” he said to us one day, then added with a small voice, “Besides I'm not a big fan of hearing certain noises.”

Never mind that I was blushing red, Vansh was laughing instead, “Seems like my character is finally rubbing off of you, man.”

Regardless, I was happy for Vansh. He was finally leading a good life in this city.

~

Just like that, those two months turned into six.

Oh, don't worry, we were still happy and going strong. Nothing major happened.

Yet.

It was a normal Sunday afternoon in his apartment. The sound of TV could be heard from the living room. Piyush was sprawled on the sofa in the living room while Vansh and I were resting in the bedroom. We were playing a MMO game together with our respective mobiles, when I told him to log out and listen to me.

“I'm bored.” I nagged him.

“Fine, remove your clothes. I'll follow right after.”

“Not everything has to be answered with sex. And we just fucked an hour ago, stupid.” I whispered, slapping his arm. Besides, the idea of having Piyush breathe in the same floor as us while having sex didn't exactly make me comfortable.

“What else, then?” He sat up straighter with his brows slightly furrowed. “I'm not in the mood to go outside if that's what you're suggesting.”

I lay on my back, groaning. “I don't know. Lately, I've been in the mood of something crazy. Something grand that would outweigh everything we have done so far.”

“Something grand, huh?” He repeated my words then said nothing. But I knew him well enough to know that I got his creative juices churning. I smiled hideously.

Afternoon eventually turned into evening but nothing crazy seem to be hitting our doorstep yet. I was busy scrolling through the wedding pictures of my ex classmate in high school while Vansh was asking Piyush about dinner. I showed the pictures to Vansh as he sat besides me. I began commenting something about the saree, the bride was wearing while Vansh listened. It was a scene, not even worth filming on YouTube, forget movies. There was absolutely nothing romantic about this. Why do I say this?

Because the very next moment, Vansh proposed me.

“Let's get engaged.”

“Are you out of your stoned mind?!”

“Damn, that escalated quickly,” Piyush whistled, coming out of nowhere. “Your rejection, too.”

“Where the hell did you came from?! Please go back to your beloved TV,” I told Piyush who was beginning to enjoy our show. When he was out of our sight, I whispered loudly. “I suggested for something grand level crazy— not a life changing decision!”

“You're not getting my point, are you? Okay, listen—” Thereafter he recited his plan. As I listened to it with interest, I finally understood his point of view and what he was trying to say. My insides were kicking with excitement. I could hardly wait for it. A day later, we began searching for the venue in the internet, the people we would invite, and the total money burning from our pockets.

A perfect plan for our fake engagement.

It would undoubtedly be the biggest crazy thing we have ever done. Just imagining everyone's priceless faces after they would know the truth had my brain cells turned on. The only person we wouldn't be able to fool was Vansh's beloved roommate. Vansh told Piyush himself and made him swore our secrecy to his grave. There was still one problem though— our parents. We had to make sure that they wouldn't get an inkling about this prestigious occasion. We eventually came up with a fake story as to how our parents were constantly changing their opinions about us. We told our guests not to give them even the slightest clue about our secretive engagement. Our friends readily agreed.