10~ "Kinda like remixing an old song into a modern one."

10~ “Kinda like remixing an old song into a modern one.”

« VANSH »

The upcoming Saturday, Irfan and I decided to drag our asses to explore Boston. More like, show me around. It was a promise Irfan made a long time ago when I confessed about not having explored the city. But that was before Lisa visited me. After cancelling a dozen plans in the past, we finally decided to meet this Saturday and visit 'The Freedom Trail.'

I was escatic, not just because of the place I've heard so much about, but because it was my first outing with a collegue (in Boston). Irfan and I have been getting along quite well recently. Being a senior, he also guided me in my work sometimes. It was still annoying to hear his non- stop radio talk but I found him less bearable now. Oddly enough, I was getting used to it. Kind of.

“We should head to the church first. It's the nearest spot from here,” Irfan told me as we stood in front of the gates. Just then, his Android buzzed through and he answered, “Yo, where are you?... We are standing just in front the sign board. You'd be able to spot us easily... Okay, hurry up.”

I turned to him curious, “Someone else is coming too?”

He rubbed his nose, “Yeah. She wanted to explore around this place as well but never took the time out of her weekends. Thought it would be better being a tourist guide for two people instead of one.”

“She?” My face fell with realization. No, no, no! “Don't tell me it's her.”

And just like magic, the devil appeared behind us. “That 'her' has a name you know. Good morning boys! Sorry to wreck your 'privacy' but try not to expand your dicks for today. I don't fancy being the awkward third wheel.” She scurried over to my side and placed a hand on my shoulder, “Instead, you, dear Irfan would be awkward third wheel today while I and my darling enjoy our date.”

“Okay.” he shrugged like it was no big deal.

“Okay?” I exaggerated, stepping away from her and turned to Irfan since it was no use talking sense to her. “I'm not okay with it! Why didn't you tell me about her before? I wouldn't have bothered to come.”

“Why?”

Why, you ask? Even 'why' wouldn't cover for what she had been doing for the past thirteen days.” And thus I ranted about her mischiefs.

Instead of being a decent friend and sympathizing with me, he did the complete opposite. He laughed.

“O' hello, I'm not reciting a comedy skit here, you prick. I'm trying to tell you how I've been tortured and sexually harassed for the past—”

“Okay, hold your horses right there,” Natasha interrupted, with a finger pointing up. “Sexual harassment? You're meaning to say my innuendoes and ways I played you was sexual harassment? Wow, you are even more dumber than I thought.”

I waved my hand, “That's it, I'm going.”

“Who stopped you anyway? Oh, and do me a favor, you dumbfuck. After your head cools down below the freezing point, rewind it and ask if I ever touched you inappropriately. You'll know your answer,” She defended, crossing her arms.

“Vansh, oh, come on. And where are you heading? What the... Both of you, stop!” Irfan raised his voice, stopping us in our tracks. We turned to him, who was looking between the two of us, perplexed. “What is... What are you doing? If you intended on leaving then why bother calling me? I sacrificed my weekend breakfast, just for you two. You have no right to leave me now.” What he did next was downright pathetic. He dragged my hand, walked to Natasha (while dragging me) then grabbed her hand and started moving, dragging us along like suitcases.