Chapter 3

As Alexander heard the scream he was just finishing up cleaning up the mess and his eyes went wide. Sure, his suspicions of Burr had gone down a little but that didn't mean that he still wasn't going to be overprotective on the fact just in case he had decided to show up. He immediately ran to the bathroom and knocked on the door "Baby? Are you okay??" He asked frantically, on alert in case that was what was going on. Theodosia let out a soft whimper as she unlocked the door and slightly pulled it open as she slowly fell to her knees, a hand around her stomach. Pregnant?

Alexander immediately dropped to his knees beside her, not quite realizing what was wrong yet. "Theo, darling what's wrong?" He asks gently as he helps her up off the ground and sits her on the edge of the bathtub. "A-Alex..." She held up the test, her hand shaking just as the bad as the rest of her body. Alexander began to smile as he realizes it's positive. He went to look back at her, overjoyed with the news but when he saw the terrified expression set on her face, the smile faded and he felt his heart break. What's wrong? Is it really that bad that we have a child..?  He thought to himself.

Alex remained quiet as he helped Theo up and to her bed. "We-we're pregnant.." Theo spoke softly and glanced up at him as they made their way to the bedroom. "Yeah we are.." He responded, still happy but trying to figure out how she felt. Once Theo was in bed she stared down at her stomach, touching it; almost in shock. "I'm pregnant.." the shock remained; it seemed to be the main mood she was feeling. "I thought you'd be happy..." He says, looking at her for a brief moment before looking down, now upset. He really did think she was upset. 

Theodosia glanced at Alexander for a few moments before she quickly climbed into his lap; taking him by surprise as she kissed him hard. "Pregnant! I'm pregnant!" She spoke as she giggled happily. She was still terrified though, she didn't know anything about being a parent. But... Alex wanted a baby and she would do anything to make him happy.

Another excited giggle escaped Theodosia's lips as she hugged Alex again tightly. "We're gonna have a baby! We're gonna be a family!" Alex kissed her again and giggled with her, "I'm so happy!" He purred as he listened to Theo go on about how great this was going to be and how amazing of a dad he would be. He made sure to remind her that she was going to be an amazing mother as well. "Let's go out to celebrate!" He offered next; this was falling in place perfectly since he already had a dinner planned that evening for something else special. "Y-Yeah.. Let's go out tonight" She said, looking down a bit as she tried to ignore the part about her being a good mother. She barely considered herself a decent person, much less a mother. 

Alex caught onto her subtle emotion change and he let out a soft whimper, looking into her eyes. He knew something was wrong, he sat her down and got serious for a moment. "Theodosia tell me what's wrong. Right now." He spoke with a stern tone to his voice. He wasn't mad but he also wasn't showing much expression for the time being. This caused Theo to swallow nervously and glance at him. "Puppy is scared..." She used the pet name Alexander has given her, something she referred herself too in situations of stress and/or worry. "Wh-What if I'm not a good mother? Puppy barely knows how to be a person" 

Alexander let out a soft sigh and took both of Theo's hands into his while looking into her eyes. "Theo you are the most amazing woman I have ever met. You are beautiful, funny, cute, and all I could ever ask for. You are going to be such an amazing mother and that's a fact!" He said lovingly. This caused her to smile; "I'm sorry... I'm just- scared. But I'm so very happy! I'm having our baby..." her eyes filled with tears of happiness. Alex giggled softly and gave a small nod " I know you're scared; trust me, I am to..." He spoke a little lower, his final words trailing off a little. The thought of being a father scared him too because he knew that he hasn't always been the best person either. However, he decided to shrug it off for now. "I'm so happy!" He reassured and kissed her. 

Theodosia kissed him back with a hard passion as she held him close "I love you, I love you, I love you!" she squeaked happily. "I love you too baby!" He giggled back happily and hugged her tight. "So are we still gonna go and celebrate?" She asked happily, earning a quick and excited nod from Alexander; with that they both went to go get ready."

Part of her had a hard time with picking out something to wear; she already thought she was gaining weight and thought that Alexander wouldn't find her attractive anymore once she gained weight from the pregnancy. Alexander caught sight of her hesitation when looking at herself in the mirror and he came over, wrapping his arms around her from behind. "No matter what you wear I know you're going to be absolutely stunning." He reassured her happily and gently rubbed her belly. 

Theodosia giggled at this and carefully leaned back into his arms. "Mmh.. I love you." She whispered "What did I ever do to deserve so much happiness?" Alexander held onto her tight and smiled. "You were loving enough to let me in... You know, I was the same way with love, not thinking I would ever get married, not believing I was anything more than a one night stand; nothing more than a Tomcat." He sighed heavily before continuing on. "I didn't think you'd ever love me, I thought you were way too good for me which is why I didn't come back sooner." He spoke a little quieter. "But I'm yours now, and I couldn't ask for anything more." He finished happily as he  rested his head in her neck and blushed; embarrassed to let his soft side show.

Theo listened to him carefully, her eyes watering and she covered her mouth. "Oh... My Tomcat... When you wandered into my club, I was surprised. I thought you were lost but then... You changed me. You were so sweet instead of judgmental... When you left, I thought maybe I had scared you away." She was now trying to speak between sobs. "When you came back I was so happy... You were my first time actually making love; and now I have all of this." She gestured to the house and then to her stomach gently. "I'm so happy! My life is so perfect and complete!"

This time Alex was the one tearing up when she spoke. He turned her around to face him and she kissed him deeply before resting her forehead on his in a loving way. "I love you so very much Theo..." She giggled and smiled wide "I love you too Alexander; now lets go celebrate!" 

// a bunch of fluff. be prepared, it's gonna come to a screeching halt in the next chapter.