(21) Old Times Sake

Start from the beginning

"What's wrong with you Tori?" I felt my lungs return to normal as oxygen filled them once again. I released the door not realizing I'd been clutching it for life. "Tori?" Jackson snapped me back to the present. He'd parked in front of a large house that had many cars parked outside of it. "What is it?" I took a deep breath unsure of whether I should tell him what had happened or pretend like I was just that upset over what we'd seen on the TV.

"Devon Ave." Was all I had to say and it all clicked in Jackson's head at once. "It was the last street." I felt tears prick my eyes no matter how much I'd willed them away. He took my hand in his giving it a tight squeeze. "I didn't know. I wouldn't have taken you this way." I waved a hand in front of my face feeling very silly, overwhelmed and silly. "It's okay I just haven't driven this way since I've been back, I knew I couldn't avoid it forever I just wasn't expecting it." His expression screamed an apology but he didn't voice it and I am glad he didn't because he didn't owe me anything.

"C'mon." He beckoned exiting the vehicle. I hesitantly followed suit shivering the air cooler now that the sun was almost set. I hadn't heard the music from outside but it was loud inside and there were lots of college aged kids scattered around. Some playing beer pong, others in the hot tub I could see outside from the large glass wall on one side of the home, and then there was the pool table.

"There you are! I was thinking you weren't going to show." A boy appearing to be in his early twenties smiled widely greeting Jackson with a hand shake only a man would know. I observed the people in the room starting with the guy I assumed lived here. He had vibrant green eyes and a perfect chestnut quiff on top of his head though he still wasn't as tall as Jack. Definitely had money based off his designer clothing. "Hey, Tori isn't it? I'm Riley. I know a few of the girls you went to high school with." Now that he said his name it did sound slightly familiar. I just nodded my head unsure of the relevance but wanting to acknowledge that he'd heard of me. Who hadn't?

"You guys wanna play? You can be on a team against Maia and I. She sucks so don't be too worried." She slapped him really hard in the arm annoyed he'd rudely outed her. He just laughed clutching his arm obviously enjoying teasing his girlfriend (or I assumed it was his girlfriend). Jackson handed me a cue already rubbing the blue chalk on the end of his. "Tori is actually pretty good." Jackson smirked shooting a wink at me recapping the memory.

Two rounds in and I was already feeling a little better being in the company of people I could potentially call friends. Jackson and I had been dominating easily. "He wasn't lying when he said you were good." Riley complemented as I finished my turn pocketing two solid balls. Riley offered me a drink and I refused because Jackson was already tipsy so I was driving. Maia was practically drunk off her ass and had lost interest in our game focusing on another boy in the corner of the room leaving me to piece together they were not actually a couple. Jackson had also lost interest in our game talking to a shaggy haired guy about motorcycles which made me roll my eyes. That was when Riley made his move coming up behind me moving my hair away from my neck.

I froze in my spot growing incredibly uncomfortable at his close proximity of my rear end. His hand stroked my hip grazing just under my shirt. I turned around my senses hyper aware of where this was going. "What are you doing?" My voice was shrill as I was not expecting that. "What do you mean?" He asked with an innocent smirk but I could smell the alcohol on his breath. His eyes dropped to my bosom and that was all it took for me to shut this down. Jackson was turned away from us but was literally not even seven feet away, how could this guy feel so comfortable with his actions. "I'm uncomfortable can you please stop?" I admitted placing my palms up forcing him to take a step back. He just rolled his eyes with annoyance that I hadn't accepted his behavior obviously not use to being rejected.