In Her Heat - Chapter Thirty Nine

Start from the beginning

Cade held my face between his hands,, holding me as though I would slip through his hands and be lost forever. Needing more, I linked my fingers at the nape of his neck and pulled him closer to me, sliding forward on his lap.

At my movement, Cade groaned into the kiss, sending shivers down my spine. He licked at my lips coaxing them open. As if he had to ask. They parted and our tongues met. It was electric, delicious and everything that I needed. He bit don on my lip just hard enough to smart and I gasped.

Cade’s hand slid down my back as he broke off the kiss. We were both breathing raggedly and Cade’s cheeks were flushed. As the world returned to me I blushed too. I looked across the aisle to where Kat and Declan were sleeping. Phew. Thankfully, the rest of our train car was empty.

“God I missed you,” Cade groaned. His lips trailed over my face and kissed down the length of my scar. “You are beautiful. So, so beautiful I can hardly think around you.” He whispered to me between kisses.

“I love you,” I whispered brokenly. How had I gotten so lucky? I kissed him, giving him everything I had. Our gentle, slow kisses turned hot and passionate. His hand fell the small of my back and brushed the upper curve of my butt as he pulled me tighter against his body. His other hand speared through my hair and fisted it, holding me fiercely as he devoured my mouth.

“Stop moving,” Cade growled against my mouth.

“What?” I gasped.

“You’re grinding yourself on my lap and if you don’t stop, we’re going to make a baby right here.”

I smiled even as I groaned, this time out of disappointment. “Isn’t there a washroom or something?I nipped his jaw and watched it jump. So hot. “Anything?

“As much as I really, really want to, there’s not nearly enough room. I checked.”

I grinned. “You would.”

“Hey! You suggested it,” he laughed. “Don’t worry, we’ll be alone soon enough.”

“Just after we save the world.”

“Exactly.” Cade smiled that smile at me and my entire body responded.

I needed a new pair of panties.

I snuggled back into him, settling for the comfort of this soft intimacy. Across the aisle Kat and Declan were doing the same. Declan’s head rested on Kat’s shoulder and her hand gently stroked his hair. Sensing my eyes on her, she turned to me. When I waggled my eyebrows at her she blushed, but didn’t stop. I was glad they'd found each other. Everyone needed a bit of love.

***

It was noon the next day when the train pulled into the station with a wheeze. All four of us stretched, our bodies stiff from disuse.