Part 4: Storytime

Depuis le début

"What brings you to Nassau already?" Edward asks James, who began to put his book away, "I thought you were staying in Tulum."

"Oh, nothing really, something happened with the ol' schooner I guess," James explains, looking slightly away.

"Did something happen?" Kenway asks.

James fixed his gaze back to Edward, "Oh, I'll tell you after," He responds, "But you must ask me, what brings you here?"

Edward motions his head towards the direction of the Jackdaw, and James takes the hint. James turns to face it, and his vision fixes on the seemingly ruined state of the Jackdaw.

It's beautiful white sails that it used to have were now filled with holes and had dark patches of grey in them. It was limping slightly to one side, most likely due to the water situation below deck. The wooden sides of the ship had many holes and scratches on them, by the looks of it, most likely from a cannonball.

"Damn Kenway, you're tinderbox there ain't in the greatest shape," He points out, "The bloody hell happened?"

Ade hands Edward a brown rum bottle, "We were attacked..." Ade explains.

"By who?" Kidd responds. His curiosity gave them his full attention.

"Well..." Edward pauses, "It's a long story..." Edward takes a drink of his rum bottle, "Judging from the seriousness of it I'll think Thatch would want to hear it."

James nods, "Don't worry, I'll take care of that," His voice sounds playfully devious. His grin too.

Thatch by now was still knocked out, but his position changed and now he was sleeping face first into the sand, and his butt was facing upwards towards the sky like a hound dog.

"Thatch!" He yells into his ear, and Thatch bolts awake, his eyes wide like a puppy.

He seemed like he was in the middle of a dream.

"Wha-? You Spanish lapdog! I'll rip your gu-" Thatch pauses his insult, as he realizes that he's not being attacked by the Spanish, but rather in the comfort of his own republic.

"Oh...Ahoy Kenway!" Thatch exclaims laughing, "And you brought your little friend here as well!" He acknowledges to Adewale.

"It's Ade...you sand filled gob," Adewale responds, with sass in his tone.

"Yeah...alright," Thatch calmly nods, "So...what brings you her-" Thatch pauses as he notices the crippled Jackdaw in the distance.

His face turns slightly serious, "What in King George's crown happened to your ship Kenway?" Thatch exclaims flabbergasted. James grins slightly as Thatch's interesting reaction.

Thatch was sitting up now, and his bottom was now visible to everyone. Unfortunately for him, he didn't tuck his trousers around too much.

James smiles laughing and pointing, "Haha! Thatch, look at your arse mate!"

Edward and Ade also seemed to take notice, and the two began to laugh hysterically. Dirty humor was still funny to the adult.

Thatch turns to face his bottom, and he gasps in embarrassment. This wasn't going to help reinforce his persona of being a fearless pirate. He quickly covers up the bald spot with his trousers, shifting up his pants to cover it up.

"It's rather large as well!" Ade chuckles, clutching to his stomach.

Thatch heard it, "No, it's not!" He growls.

When Edward heard Ade say that, he was all about to be done. He tried to cover his mouth to stop his constant laughter, but he couldn't help it. As for Kidd, the young teenage lad couldn't help it. He was on the ground, pounding heavily on the sandy bottom as he laughed hysterically like a teenage boy.