"Let's go see the matchups!!", Ash exclaimed dragging me again towards the fixture table.

I was battling the 6th battle today while Ash was battling a guy who looked somewhat like himself except for his reddish hair.

"No way!! Ritchie??", Ash asked overwhelmed. YES!! It was that guy who beat Ash in the Indigo League. Well, Ash LOST the battle. I can't exactly say Ritchie won as Charizard didn't listen to Ash. If he had listened to Ash, the results would've been different. Ash's battle was the second battle today. Preliminary battles are 3 on 3 battles.

30 Minutes Later....

Ash's POV:

"We're gonna get Ritchie this time, right buddy?", I asked my faithful partner.

"Rai Rai!!", he chirped showing me the victory symbol.

"Hey, Ash!!", I heard Ritchie call me. I grinned and wished back and we caught up on old times for a few minutes and went forward to our respective ends. Ritchie wasn't as successful as me apparently but there was no way that I'd underestimate him. Then the referee said the usual rules.

"This preliminary round battle is between Ash Ketchum of Pallet Town and Ritchie of Frodomar City. Both trainers can use 3 Pokemon and the battle ends when all 3 of a trainer's Pokemon are unable to battle! Let the battle begin!!!"

"I'll go first! Rose, you're up!!", Ritchie said sending out his Swellow who had evolved from a Taillow.

"Fine!! Snorlax, I choose you!!!"

"Rose, begin with Aerial Ace!!"

"Counter that with Ice Punch!!"

Both the attacks collided and Snorlax was unfazed and was ready to fall asleep right after the battle. That meant he was still cool and had enough power. Rose however was a bit hurt. Her tail was frozen by the attack and that affected her maneuverable nature. She tried wriggling off the frozen ice but to no avail.

"Rose, come on! You're stronger than that! Use Air Slash!!"

"Sit down, Snorlax!!"

Rose was tiring out as she was attacking him non-stop for a solid minute while Snorlax was busy eating the nearby tree.

"Rose, return!! Zippo, let's go!!", Ritchie said calling out his Charizard.

"Snorlax, use Hyperbeam!!"

"Zippo, dodge it and use Flamethrower!!"

Both the attacks cancelled each other and our Pokemon glared at each other.

"Zippo, use Dragon Claw!!"

"Snorlax, jump on my call..............NOW!!!!!"

Snorlax jumped and fell straight on Zippo's back forcing him on the ground.

"ZIPPO!!"

"Use Hyperbeam!!"

The point blank attack dealt severe damage and Zippo found it difficult to stand up but did so anyway.

"Zippo, let's show Ash and Snorlax our strength. Use Overheat!!"

"Snorlax, counter with Rollout and Defense Curl!!!"

Zippo was out of steam and found it difficult to keep his footing.

"Snorlax, finish him off with Giga Impact!!"

"Dodge it, Zippo!!! PLEASE!!"

Zippo was too much out of steam to dodge the attack and took it head on and collapsed while Snorlax jumped in happiness and shook the field.