Neither of us want to go on the rollercoaster (Sasori)

"Come on, (y/n)! Come on the ride with us!"

You rolled your eyes at your friends repeated attempts to get you to go on the rollercoaster, but just like always, you didn't even bother to turn to face them, merely continuing on in silence. How many times had this happened? And not just today—with so many other things, as well? Constantly your friends decided to go off to somewhere you had absolutely no interest in, and for some reason, thought they could force you to join in. Naturally, it had never worked, but they continued to try, and it had resulted in the list of occurrences today. This time they had taken you to a theme park, and had instantly begun picking rides they wanted to go on. You had no problem with this, and allowed them to do so—before they began to pick ones that they wanted you to come on as well. This one was no exception, but just like all the others, you weren't interested in the slightest, and maintained the viewpoint that you would wait by the barriers out front, taking care of any possessions if they wanted to leave them behind.

Arriving at the barriers, you came to a halt and leant against the railing, still not having looked at your friends, but as they tugged on your arm and started once again with the pleading and begging, you brushed the grip off, finally turning to glare at them and state curtly,

"Enough, already! I've told you numerous times already—I don't want to go on! I don't even want to be here! So, do you want me to hold your bags or not? Because I'm more than happy to go find a place to get a drink and leave you all behind."

Sighing at this, knowing there was no chance you would come with them now, your friends grumbled and handed you their bags, before turning and going back to the queue. Shaking your head, you noticed something out of the corner of your eye as you went to look back at the rollercoaster, and automatically turned your gaze to face it. Or, as was more appropriate, him. You might have thought he was a little young to be going around on his own, but the look in his eyes told you he was older than he looked. With his shaggy red hair framing his face, he had a placid expression on his almost porcelain features, though you knew a look of tedium when you saw one, and got the feeling it was for the exact same reason. He, too, was carrying a handful of bags as he came to stand by the railing, and glanced up at you as he put them down.

"Guess I'm not the only one on bag duty," you greeted quietly, only for him to reply bluntly,

"We're not taking turns to keep an eye on our stuff—I just don't want to go on."

"Neither do I—I don't particularly like rollercoasters," you shot back casually, watching as he narrowed his eyes at your comment, looking you over more closely than he had before. Glancing away, feeling a little nervous under his intense gaze, you added on to attempt to push away your nerves,

"It's just a rush that lasts a couple of seconds, nothing more. And anyway—it gets annoying after the third time of people telling you 'you can't sit on your own, you need to be with your parents'. I'm not a child."

"I suppose that comes with being petite and delicate," He mused nonchalantly in return, making you blink in surprise, a slight tinge of red coming to your cheeks. He was so straight forward and matter of fact—and you weren't sure if that made it better or worse. Unsure how to respond to that, you eventually settled on questioning softly,

"What's your name?"

"Sasori," he answered simply, causing you to do the same in return, adding on afterwards,

"But you don't look so adult either."

A small smirk flashing across his features, Sasori paused as he considered this, looking away at the rollercoaster, and then eventually turned back to look at you, replying casually,

"True. But you're right—rollercoasters are nothing but a short-lasting rush. They bore me." It wasn't this remark that caught you out, though—it was when he abruptly went on candidly,

"Do you want to get something to drink?"

Beginning to like his straightforward nature, you nodded with a smirk, before picking up the bags around you and walking off together to choose somewhere to sit. No one would know where you had gone, but it didn't matter.

Your friends would find you eventually. nd(nul