Chapter 2: Temptations

Caroline Forbes

I wake up to an arm around me and when I turn around to see who it is I come face to face with a pair of blue-green eyes.

"Hello love." Klaus smirks at me.

"Um hi." I awkwardly stare at his arm. "Could you move your arm please?"

"I don't know love. I'm quite comfortable in this position." He smirks pulling me closer.

"And I'll be late for school," I say pushing his arm off. As I reach the edge of the bed he slips his arm around my waist and tries to pull me back but I stay rooted to my spot. "Let me go."

"Whatever you say." He laughs putting his arms up in mock surrender.

"Thank you," I say walking over to my mirror. " Can you please leave?"

"Now why would you want me to leave?" he asks walking over to me. He starts leaving deep kisses along my neck.

"Stop," I try to say firmly but it comes out in a moan.

"You enjoy that," he says smirking, and vamp speeds away.

"He is so damn frustrating," I say taking some clothes out of my dresser.

Niklaus Mikaelson

As I walk into my house smirking Kol scoffs.

"Where were you last night Nik?" Rebekah asks glaring at him.

"Probably with a certain blonde vampire." Kol rolls his eyes.

"She has a name." I shrug off my coat.

"So were you?" Rebekah asks as I hang my coat on the rack. "With Caroline I mean."

"I only went to her house to tell her why I am in Mystic Falls," I say as I turn to look at them. "Afterwards I went to the grill."

"Sure Nik," Kol laughs and Rebekah throws a pillow at him.

"If anyone needs me I'll be in my studio," I say heading upstairs.

Caroline Forbes

When I reach the school my phone goes off for the millionth time this morning. I groan when I realize it's just another missed call from Tyler. God, when is he going to give up? I get out and head to the building but as soon as I enter Tyler spots me so I make a beeline for my locker.

"Caroline!" he says following me. "Please just listen to me."

"I don't want to listen to your excuses Tyler," I say opening my locker.

"They're not excuses," he says and I turn towards him.

"They are excuses," I say grabbing my books. "You flirted with the waitress right in front of me. And then to make matters worse you gave her your phone number."

"That doesn't mean anything." He leans in to kiss me. I land a loud slap across his cheek and growl, "Don't ever touch me again."