The Final Workout

A/N:

I am so sorry for the wait, I got lazy with school ending. Also I posted a prologue for a new book I was thinking of writing... Let me know what you think, if you care. So anyway, here's the next chapter. I jumped ahead in time a little bit because I didn't want to bore you with a whole day of training. Here ya go!

<>WolfLover98<>

_<>_<>_<>_<>_<>_<>_<>_<>_<>_<>_<>_<>_<>_<>_<>_

The Final Workout...

I woke quickly as I heard the bugle go off; knowing if I wasn't at the training field (or Death Field, as we came to nickname it) by 5:00 sharp 150 pushups would be my punishment. I ran to get my uniform and leaped across a sleeping Alex on my way to the shower. When I came out, I saw Alex was still asleep, how could she be asleep with all the other girls yelling and hurrying out the door. I went over to her and screamed

"Alex, you better get your ass up and out to Death Field by 5:00 or-or" I couldn't think of a threat, hmm...." Or you hair is going to become a wig for the general!" she jumped up in shock and looked towards me, her eyes closed.

"No! Not my precious hair! I worked do hard to get it this long!- Jackie? What the hell are you doing waking me up this early?" I sniggered and looked innocent as I said

"Nothing, I was just waking you up, it's a quarter to 5:00 now." she gasped and looked at the clock next to her bed.

"Why didn't you wake me up earlier? I need at least an hour to get ready! I won't look my best! How long were you up for? You don't look like you spent much time to look nice." I opened my mouth then close it, like a fish out of water. Couldn't comprehend what she was saying.

"Are you saying I look ugly? And I don't need to impress anyone, I have a boyfriend at home thank you very much. Besides, your in the Army, who has time to date someone when we're training. And I wouldn't date anyone in the Army, what if they get hurt or die? Then you Wont be able to fight cause you will be in a emotional depression." I got up and left, sometimes she can be so aggregating...

,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,

A few months later....

After a long, hard training session filled with obstacle courses, agility trails, and weapon training I dragged myself back to the girls rooms. We sat on our beds and talked about today. I started off with

"Well, today seems to be easy so far maybe after lunch all we'll do is go to the firing range and-" Alex interrupted me

"I highly doubt that, besides didn't you hear him? 'Eat a light lunch'" she imitated him with a funny voice and face. We all laughed but then realized what that meant. Only one thing. The Final Workout. The one workout everyone warned us about, they make it hard to see who would be best. Best to fight. So after this workout, who ever is chosen and gets the highest ranks will be moved out of state to a better camp. I've been training for months for this, waiting for this day.