"We Will Now Be Boarding"

A/N:

Sorry that the prologue was short(kumquat98)but you will learn more about her life as the book goes on. I will try to update at least once every two weeks, no promises though i have PSSA's coming up and tests every week so yah. Anyway, here is chapter two

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

"We Will Now Be Boarding"

I looked around my room remembering all the memories and everything that has happened in here. The lime green walls, blue carpet and curtains with white stained furniture looked back. I ran my hand over the purple and green striped comforter and over the white love seat. I began filling my duffle bag with stuff that is really precious to me, such as pictures of my family and friends. Not one electronic went into that bag, I gave my iPad to my little sister and my laptop will stay here. Zak showed up to help around noon and we didn't really talk that much. I finally broke that uncomfortable silence with the question that has been bugging my mind.

" Zak? You won't cheat on me will you?" he stopped stopped tossing the baseball into the air and looked at me with his sapphire blue eyes.

" why would I ever cheat on you? I love you Jackie" I smiled and whispered it back. I felt silly for ever thinking that he would cheat on me but it still was in the back of my mind...

The next day:

I woke up, walked over to the love seat and stared at my basic training uniform. I pulled it on then went to work on my hair which I pulled it up in a ponytail and Bobby pinned the bangs up. I took one last look around my room, one wall was almost completely bare except for a few pictures I left there. Most of them were missing from their home on the wall and were in my duffel bag. One picture I took was of my mom, dad, and me holding little Emma. Another one was of me and Zak at the prom in the classic prom pose. Also i took one of me and my friend Lily at the beach, she was the only other person than me who knew i was joining the army. The last one I felt the urge to take was of me and my childhood friends posing in the windows of the tree house we built.

" Jackie, come on, Zak and Lily are here. It's time to leave." my mom called up to me, usually my dad would but he's still not talking to me.

" Coming mom" I grabbed my duffel bag as I ran down the stairs and pulled on the boots that came with the outfit. I looked from person to person, skipping my dad. If he was going to ignore me I'll ignore him. Zak took my hand and squeezed it, I gave a slight squeeze back. We walked to the cars; mom and dad in one me, Zak, and Lily in the other. Once in the car and on the road I broke down into tears, I couldn't do this, I can't move away from my family. Since Lily was driving, Zak pulled me into him and rubbed my back

" Your going to be fine, don't worry Jackie." How did I become such a cry baby? I never ever used to cry. I started going over why I could be crying. I came up with a mental list.

-daddy and I's little argument

-moving away from home

-risking my life for my country

-might not be coming back home

That's all that I could come up with nut I know for a fact that there's more, I just can't think straight. I ended up falling asleep with my head on Zak's shoulder...

At the airport:

Crap! I can't believe that we got stuck in traffic and now I'm going to be late for my flight! Why does this always happen to me? We were sprinting through the hallways of the local airport(by local I mean over 2 hours away) looking for my terminal.

"Jackie! I think I found it! Is it terminal C?" I looked over at Lily and shouted

"Finally! I thought would never find it, hey guys! I found Terminal C!" Lily looked at me like 'what the hell?'

" Um, Jackie, hate to break it to you but I found Terminal C." I shrugged my shoulders and walked over to one of the cheap airport chairs and fell into it. I sighed and looked around, I saw tons of people dressed like me: light green shirt, camo pants, jacket, and hat with brown boots.

"Terminal C flight to North Carolina will now be boarding"