Chapter 10

Sparrow's POV

Dustpelt and I followed Greystripe, Lionblaze and Bumblestripe back to the camp. I wrapped my tail around Dustpelt's tail and leaned my body into his. He was slightly larger than me but not too much. We passed Birchfall, he looked a bit confused but happy. He had been hurt by his mother's death and it seemed that he was happy that his father had moved on.

Squirrelflight walked over to Dustpelt. "Good for you to join us, Dustpelt," she meowed. "You were meant to go on dawn patrol and you didn't come back to camp last night."

"Sorry, Squirrelflight," Dustpelt unwrapped his tail from mine. "I got distracted and forgot..."

"You forgot? How about you go on the next patrol and I'll send Sparrow out hunting somewhere else," Squirrelflight looked around. "Sparrow can go with Mousewhisker, Millie and Cinderheart. While Dustpelt can go with Thornclaw, Brackenfur and Sandstorm."

Mousewhisker, Millie and Cinderheart walked up to me and lead me out of camp again.

"So, I saw you with Dustpelt," Cinderheart mewed.

"Yeah... what about him?" I asked.

"You interested in him?"

"Yeah...?"

"Isn't he a bit old for you?"

I sighed. I know I have a kit face, I thought. But you don't need to assume that I'm seven moons.

"No, we're the same age," I lied, I was much older than him. "I just look very young."

"We're hunting, not gossiping," Millie scolded.

"Don't scold them, Millie," Mousewhisker meowed. "They're not doing anything wrong."