Chapter One: Coating Anger with Kindness

Start from the beginning

"What are you two talking about?" Yolanda managed to squeeze in between us, a smirk upon her face. "I heard you were coming to study night, great more the merrier, I hope you don't mind that I invited Courtney as well."

Gabriel rubbed the back of his neck, obviously hiding his flushed cheeks from Yolanda. "I gotta go, meet some friends before class. I'll text you, Z." He glanced towards Yolanda, his gaze cold and bitter instantly as he walked off.

I nudged Yolanda's side with my elbow, making her hiss and then double over in laughter. "You two need to be nice to each other."

"Why? Not like he asked you out yet."

"Actually," I said, the words did not quite come out because she knew what exactly I was going to say.

"He did. That's so sweet, I'm guessing you made up an excuse."

"Aunt Joyce would actually say no, since the...accident, she's been really strict. I would have to turn in a request form just to go to the corner store." I stated in a bitter tone. I love my aunt, I appreciate her care and nurture; but it's suffocating. "When you and Courtney come over, can you two at least not argue with Gab?" I slammed my locker shut, my simple plea was enough to convince Yolanda not to say anything, but that doesn't mean she won't cock block.

The both of us walked down the hall, the bell has already rung- indicating the five minute warning for first period. I slowed down my pace, my eyes raked over the small memorial set for Naomi. The flowers were starting to welt from the lack of care and attention and a few teddy bears were missing as stupid and foolish jocks tossed them around like a football, the only thing no one dared to touch or take away were the picture of Naomi. It was a splendid picture that showed her for what she is. Naomi never smiled- she would always look stern, she was slim and pale with dark brown hair, and her eyes were full of innocence; soft and warm.

"Watch out!" Yolanda pulled me back just enough to not be hit by a large boulder of s body.

I was kicked out of my trance from the harsh tug and the devious laugh that followed behind. I looked towards what was trying to knock me down, immediately the taste on my tongue became sour and my gut twisted. Tony Delts. He was as devious as his sister, only with a lack of intelligence and common sense. "Fucking asshole." I mumbled under my breath while rolling my eyes as him and his friends walked down the hall and laughed like a bunch of hyenas.

"Who much time would I do if I poison the twins?" Yolanda asked, her eyes slanted in anger.

"Considering their parents are friends with the only two judges in town and are lawyers themselves, you'll be serving life for sure." I stated before continuing on, not before taking one last glance at Naomi's picture.

"I think I can live in jail. I can have a bottom bitch." She smirked at the idea, her honey cheeks slowly turning red as her skin turned warm.

"More like you're be someone's bottom bitch." I quickly ruined her moment before she has an orgasm in the middle of the hallway. "See this is why I want to go to DC, at lest there I won't be out numbered and still have diversity."

"I'm not blaming you in going all the way out there, Hell I wish I could go. If it wasn't for my parents making me do an in-state college, I would be in New York by now. Did you tell Gabriel yet?"

I shook my head no, I know the thought of moving would break his heart and set him off. "Not yet. I may bring it up tonight."

"You better hurry before he confess his love to you." She sung in my ear before dashing inside her class, unfortunately we did not share the same classes this year- basically I'm all alone for eight hours.