It's You (24)

Flowers had began adorning her office as day after day, fresh bouquets are being delivered to her.

Each day, she read the cards that came along with the flowers, hoping that the sender had written his name on it, but aside from the sweet messages that was written on it, there was nothing else.

It puzzled her how someone as gallant as this person wouldn't reveal himself. She tried to think of people who would possibly do such a thing, but no matter how hard she tried to figure out who it was, there was only one person whom she wished the flowers were from.

She opened the card that came along with the beautiful arrangement of white lilies.

Ikaw ang unang nasa isip ko sa tuwing nagigising sa umaga.

A smile tugged at her lips.

It was difficult for her to imagine him saying those words, he didn't seem like the type of man to go through such lengths to please a woman.

So she tried to picture him in her mind saying those exact words to her. Him standing in front of her, holding the lilies in both hands, smiling awkwardly as he said it.

A chill went up her spine making her feel warm and fuzzy inside.

It seemed too real to her.

What if the flowers weren't even from him?

That would be awkward.

But what if it was? Couldn't she just pretend it was from him until she knew the truth?

She picked the bouquet up from the corner of her table where it was placed, before running her fingers on its soft petals.

She was inarguably happier now than she was a few weeks ago, and it was all because of this person.

She was still looking blankly at the lilies when she heard her phone ring. She picked it up and tapped on the message.

It was from Bong Go.

Ma'am Leni, the president asks for your presence for the meeting this afternoon. Thanks.

She read the text again and again, thinking that she might've misunderstood what it meant. It still wasn't time for the monthly meeting, so why contact her?

Moreover, going to Malacañang meant seeing him again. She still did not know how to handle him, or what to do when she saw him after what happened between them.

But there was nothing she could do but go, since it was part of her duty to answer to the beck and call of the president.

When she arrived at the meeting hall, the people of Malacañang started staring at her.

Clearly they had no idea why she was present, whispers accompanied her as she walked towards her seat. But she pretended not to hear anything and instead waited patiently for the meeting to start.

It felt so awkward.

She was compulsively looking at the door, waiting for him to arrive.

Then the double doors opened, ushering him in.

Her eyes never left him until he was at his seat, but when he turned his head towards her and smiled, she found herself turning away from him.

Then the meeting began and he started to speak.

"South Korea has agreed with the diplomatic meeting that the office of the president sent earlier last month. This emergency meeting will tackle the issues that we should be bringing up to the South Korean government, since most of us here will be attending."

Attending?

She must have misheard or misunderstood what he meant, if the people present in the meeting were attendees, did that mean she too was an attendee?

She didn't know if she should ask or wait for the president to mention it, but she didn't need to wonder further as he began speaking about it.

"And yes that means, that Ma'am Leni here, will be joining us."

The whole room begins to erupt with murmurs.

Everyone knew that she had never been invited to diplomatic trips, moreover, the president and vice-president going at the same time compromised the country's safety.

"The executive secretary will manage everything, as usual, while I'm gone. I think it's high time for the vice-president to be present during this kind of events, housing and food security are some of the things that we want to be discussed and knowing that her office is keen on addressing these issues, I thought it would be better if she could come and join us."

She blinked profusely still unable to believe what he just said. She never thought of the possibility.

"Ma'am? Pwede ba kayong sumama?" He asked her.

It took a while before she realized that he was talking to her. Her heart stopped as she lifted her head and looked at him.

When their eyes met he smiled at her, making her heart beat wildly against her chest.

She nodded slowly unable to speak.

"Sasama ka, ma'am?" He asked once more since he heard no reply.

She cleared her throat.

"O-opo, sir," she said, finding her voice.

"Good," he said smiling even wider.

She never imagined something like this would happen. She didn't know what to expect or if she should be expecting anything. But the thought of it excited her.

It would be her first diplomatic visit - with him.