It's You (12)

He gave in to the urge.

He kissed her.

He felt her body freeze as his lips touched hers, but she didn't pull away. She didn't stop him or push him away.

His lips moved, enclosing her bottom lip. She exhaled and he felt her body shudder under his touch.

He could taste her on his mouth, but just a taste wasn't enough for him now. He realized it was not just the kiss that he wanted. He realized that he wanted her.

His hand trailed down her back, tracing the shape of her body, pulling her closer to him.

She opened her mouth and he thought she was finally responding to his kiss, but instead she pulled away from the kiss. She pull away from him.

"S-stop..." she said weakly. She covered her mouth with the back of her hand and turned her heels scurrying away from him.

He stood motionless for a moment, unable to believe what he had just done. He kissed her. He kissed Leni. It all happened so fast that he wasn't sure if it happened at all.

He had touched her inappropriately.

He started to feel much worse.

He thought a kiss from her lips would be enough to break his fascination with her, but it was not. Instead it fueled his desire. If she hadn't pushed him away he might have consumed her whole.

He rubbed his face with both hands and sighed.

Just last night, he thought he was loosing his sexual gusto, but it had not been lost all along. It had been hiding, directed at only at one person now.

This felt worse than before. What had he gotten himself into?

Why must it be her? Out of all the women he had been with, why must it be Leni that he had developed an unhealthy obsession with?

"P*tang ina, naman," he cursed himself.

He had promised himself to stay away from women like her. He could corrupt her, hurt her. He wasn't the kind of woman you could play with for one night.

She was the kind of woman that you would keep forever. But he couldn't do that. He didn't believe in forever.

He knew one way or another he was bound to hurt her if he chased after her. He knew he would be unable to keep her, to protect her.

He watched from a distance as the vice presidential convoy drove out of the car park.

"Gago ka," he spoke to himself.

He was a seventy year old man, twenty years her senior. He was the president, she was his vice president.

No matter how he thought about it now, kissing her should not have been an option.

It was a mistake.

His feelings for her were a mistake.

He headed back inside the elevator. His men would already be looking for him by now.

He had a meeting to attend to, but he couldn't remember what it was all about. It was supposed to be important, that much he knew, but as to what it was about, he had already forgotten.

Only one person occupied his thoughts.

Her.

The woman whose soft lips he had just kissed.