It's You (20)

He was on the bed with a woman.

Again.

But every time, she touched him, kissed him, hugged him. It was someone else on his mind.

He pulled himself away from her. He stood up from the bed leaving her there.

"Anong problema, sir?" Loren asked. Her bare top hidden only by the covers of the bed.

He picked up the dress that she had discarded earlier and placed it on the bed.

"Ayoko na," he said. He buttoned his shirt and tucked it. He hasn't even gotten undressed yet.

"Ayaw mo na? Why?" There was an amused tone in her voice. "Never mo pa akong tinanggihan, ah?"

"Wala eh," he told her as he started to pace the room. "Iba ang nasa isip ko."

She started to laugh, but not in a demeaning way.

"Ano ba yang iba na iniisip mo? Trabaho? O babae?" She teased him. "O di kaya...babae na katrabaho?"

He glared at her.

She teased him even further by letting the covers slip as she sat up, her bossom in full view.

"Magbihis ka na nga," he chastised her.

She laughed again.

"I can't believe I'm saying this," Loren said as she got up from the bed and started dressing herself. "But I'm a bit jealous."

"Hindi ko man alam na selosa ka pala," he told her.

"Hindi selos. Inggit," she said. "Because of her nagawa mong lumayo sa temtasyon. You're surprisingly trustworthy pala. Ang swerte ni Leni."

He looked at her in shock. He didn't remember telling her anything about Leni.

"Paanong-"

"Last week sa meeting. Napansin ko lang. Hindi lang naman ako ang nakapansin," she said. "Ikaw ang kumagat sa labi niya diba?"

He froze.

"Did the two of you do it?"

"No!"

"So ano yung nasa labi niya? Nakagat niya ang sarili niya?" she questioned. "Both of you were gone for quite some time. Digong, I wasn't born yesterday." 

"Hinalikan ko lang siya. Yun lang. Wala man kaming ginawang iba."

"Eh yung bite mark sa leeg niya? Siya din gumawa?" She giggled.

"Ako gumawa," he said clearing his throat, feeling flustered. "Pero di ko talaga ginawa yung - yung ano sa kanya. Hindi namin yun ginawa."

His reactions greatly amused her. This was a side of him that she never saw. And it was all because of a woman. She never thought a day like this would come. Maybe she never really knew him completely.

"Okay, I believe you. Sabi mo eh," she said before laughing. "Pwede mo bang i zip yung dress ko?"

He approached her and helped her with her dress.

After he zipped her dress up, she fell quiet, letting the silence engulf both of them.

"In love ka na ba sa kanya?" She asked out of the blue, her back facing him.

"In love..." he said silently. "Hindi ko alam. Gusto ko siya, pero hindi ko man alam kung in love ba ako sa kanya o ano. Yang love na yan. Di man ako naniniwala diyan."

"Hmm...strange," she said.

"Ang alin?"

"The fact na palagi siyang nasa isip mo pero hindi ka sigurado kung in love ka sa kanya," she said as she faced him. "It's strange kasi if it were me I'd say that I am."

"Hindi lang man siguro 'yun ang basehan," he replied.

"Eh, ano?"

He turned away.

"Sa totoo lang," he sighed. "Hindi ko rin alam."

She placed a hand on his shoulder, letting him know that she understood. She then slid her hand lightly down his back.

"Sigurado kang ayaw mo ha?" She said, wondering if he may have changed his mind.

"Sigurado."

She removed her hand from his back and stepped away.

She grabbed her things and wore a shoal over her clothes, but before she could step out of the room, she stopped to say something.

"Leni is different from me," she said before turning back to face him. "Dapat siguraduhin mong siya na at siya lang. Kasi kung di ka sigurado, baka bigla na lang siyang lumayo at mawala sayo. Ikaw rin, baka magsisi ka," she said.

"Until next time."

She smiled at him and escorted herself out of the room leaving him alone with his thoughts.