TLC, (Tender Love and Cradle)

Ok guys. This is it, the last chapter of my first story on Ao3. This won't be that long but it'll lead to the next story in the series. Enjoy these last few suspenseful moments of this story. Here we go!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Helen!" Tony yelled as they walked into the medical bay, "We got a problem here."

Dr. Helen Cho ran to the stretcher to examine Peter's wound and gasped.

"Prep the Cradle as quick as possible," She commanded to which her assistants.

They ran off to the Cradle room and turned everything on for Peter who they'd just wheeled in. They pushed the logo on his chest which loosened the suit around Peter's body, pulled it off leaving Peter in his underpants. When they'd gotten the suit off fully, they opened up the Cradle, placed Peter on the bed inside and closed it up.

"He's gonna be ok, right?" Ava asked.

"I sure hope so, the Cradle should heal him but it's up to him if he wants to live so, keep your fingers crossed," Helen said tapping at a screen, turning the Cradle on.

Lights blinked through the small windows on the Cradle. On a screen, they could see the simulacrum rays healing up the wound to where it was like it was never there. After about fifteen minutes, Helen pushed a button which turned off the machine and opened the doors of the Cradle. She and Ava walked over to examine Peter to make sure he was alright. Helen examined his chest and lower chest region but didn't find any signs of more wounds or scarred tissue.

"He's alright!" She said. 

The doctors all cheered and Tony let out a sigh of relief. The kid was gonna be ok. But no one was happier than Ava. She laid her head on his chest and let out a few tears of joy.

This boy had changed her life within half a week. Through his eyes, she'd seen a new way to view life. She'd learned not to give up, even when that seemed like the only option. But mostly, she'd fallen in love with this boy. He'd saved her life multiple times and they'd bonded so closely while on that island. And she knew that he felt the same way, he just never got the chance to tell her. But there was still time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

***Spare Room***

Bright, dark, bright then back to dark. That's how it was for Peter waking up. His vision was still blurry but was clearing up. As it was, he could see that he was in a room that was really quiet. He could see that it was morning, 9:30 to be exact.

As he got his bearings, he looked around the room. There was a closet and a small bedside table on his left. The silence was broken by the sound of a toilet. 

Peter shifted his gaze to a door that had a light showing underneath it and he could see a shadow moving around. The light disappeared and the door opened to reveal a sleepy-haired Ava scratching her hair.

"Ava?" He called out.

She shot her head up and gasped with wide eyes and ran to the bed and embraced Peter in a hug.

"Peter! I thought you'd never wake up," She cried before pulling back and punching Peter in the shoulder."

"OW! Why?!"

"Why did you do that, you could've died!"

"I had to," Peter admitted, "I couldn't let him hurt you because I...I."

"You what?" Ava encouraged.

"I care about you, Ava and I don't want anything bad to happen to you."

This made Ava smile and blush at the same time. Feeling compelled by her feelings, she threw her arms around him again and kissed his cheek.

"Thanks, Peter," She whispered, "I'm glad I have you watching my back."

Peter blushed and hugged her back. They heard the door opened and looked to see Tony and Happy Hogan standing there.

"Good to see you healin' up good kid," Tony said.

The two broke the hug and blushed up a storm. They didn't want anyone to know about these feelings yet. This stuff was complicated.

"Well Pete, how do ya feel?"

"Like I'm gonna need a break before I get back to work."

"My thoughts exactly. Which is why I've decided, that you, me, Ava, and Happy are gonna head to Las Vegas for a few days."

"WHAT!" The two super-teens exclaimed in unison.

"Told ya they were gonna react like that," Happy said letting out a small laugh.

Tony swiveled around on the heel of his shoe to look at Happy. "Ok, can you wait outside, please? I'll let you know if we need Fore-Head of Security."

The look on Happy's face went from, well Happy, to 'are you kidding?'. Tony had used that joke multiple times and Happy was getting tired of it. "Really wish you'd stop using that."

He walked out of the room and left the three to talk.

"Guys, you've had a rough past few days. But nothing a little time in Vegas won't cure. Come on, what do ya say?"

Peter and Ava looked at each other, not sure of their decision. Ava smiled and grabbed Peter's hand.

"Can we Peter?" She asked, "I've never been."

Peter thought hard about this. They just got here, and now were being offered to leave again. Well, it was for a vacation so... what the heck.

"Sure, why not?" Peter sighed.

Ava squealed and kissed his cheek before jumping off the bed and heading for the bathroom.

"I think I'm gonna like havin' her around," Tony stated as he walked out of the room.

Peter shook his head and brought his hands up to his face. This was unbelievable, he'd only known this girl half a week and she already had a grip on him. Maybe a vacation in Vegas would help, maybe.

(Peter's POV)

Looks like we're going to Las Vegas. [sigh] I got a bad feeling about this.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BOOM! The last chapter, hope it met your expectations and you liked it. This has been my favorite story to work on next to F8. I can't wait to start production on the next story which is gonna be called Spider-Man and White Tiger: Viva Las Vegas! I'm gonna be working on the Fast 9 story for a while but I will be doing the new story within two weeks. So keep on reading and liking my stories, and thank you for your support. Later!!!