Chapter Fifteen: Not any normal day

Começar do início

I sighed in defeat and put my pencil and paintbrush down. I made a big gulp at my bottle water and sighed in relief. I looked at my work and smiled. My work was almost done except for the eyes. Dad’s brown hair was swept backwards making him look very young, he chin was well shaved and his cheeks flustered of the wide grin he was showing. He was like the happiest man alive. It was like he had no problems at all, he was the man who made everyone’s day and always the man who makes everything okay and worth it.

I frowned and stared at that familiar smile. I tear rolled down my cheeks, wiping it quickly even though there was no one around. It was a single happy tear showing that I’ve been supporting my Dad and will never ever forget him because he always had that special place in my heart. I took my brush and started to paint Dad’s eyes with focus.

“I didn’t know you paint.”

I jumped from my seat, grateful that I haven’t mess with my father’s eyes since it’s now done. The emerald eyes that are similar to mine with a glint of happiness staring back at me, I smiled. Then I remembered that someone came in and were watching me. I turned around, meeting those beautiful blue ocean eyes that I wanted to stare every morning I wake up or whenever I’m bored.

“J-Jeric?” my mouth dropped when I saw him standing there, staring at my art work with focus in his eyes. He was trying to figure out who the person is in the painting.

I found the chance to check him out. He was wearing black pants and a grey muscle shirt and a leather jacket. His brown hair was spiked upwards but he decided to put it aside. His eyebrows were knitted together making him look cute as he does it.

He finally looked up, causing me to look away, hiding my blush. What the hell is happening to me?

“Done checking me out?” he smirked, the more my cheeks were burning from blushing too much. So he caught me but how? And I was glad that he was returning to the old Jeric.

I avoided him and turned anywhere other than meeting his gaze. I grabbed my art material, began to put them in my bag and hopped of my seat. I heard him chuckle then grabbed my hand, stopping me from arranging my things. I was surprised at the contact of our skin, feeling those spark and electricity. Maybe it was just the air conditioner. I pulled my hand away, feeling the weird touch, Jeric might as well felt it cause he began to pull his hand away and scratched the back of his neck, nervous.

We were quietly for a while and I don’t know how many minutes was it but finally he broke the silence.

“So... I’m guessing, that’s your Dad?” he looked from the painting to me. By now, I was done with fixing my things and was ready to go to my next class. I kept on staring at him and I don’t know why.

He shrugged then continued, “I mean, you have the same colour of eyes and the shade of you brown hair. The smile, it was so familiar, I have to say, I’ve seen it from you sometimes.”

I stared at him, shocked to know that he was such a good observant, I, myself am not good at observing things. And the way he said it, it was like he has known me for like forever. I just nodded and stood up, taking my bag with me and leaving the canvas on my seat. I’ll get it back tomorrow.

I was about to walked out of the room when I was stopped by him calling my name. I hear footsteps coming near me.

“What’s your next class?” he asked. What was he planning?

I thought then spoke, “French?”

Suddenly, he grabbed my hand and pulling me towards the front door of the school building. My eyes widened and pulled my hand out of Jeric’s grip. He was grinning like a kid and I’ve never seen him this happy.

“What are you doing? We have a class to go!” I said. He just smiled.

He grabbed my hand again, this time, his hold was not hurting my wrist, he was being...careful. “C’mon. We’re skipping!”

I stopped on my tracks, and softly chuckle when he also stopped, my hand pulling him back.

“We are not skipping!” I angrily stomped my foot.

He laughed at me and grabbed both of my shoulders. “You need to live a little Phoebe! It’s the last year of high school, have fun!” I shook my head no but he didn’t let me. He still continued to drag me out of the school building until we were met by his motorcycle. Holy gracious!

“No! My grades are...”

He interrupted me with, “important? Yeah, yeah! Whatever you say! Now, hop on.” while waving his hand at the air. I huffed, crossing my arms over my chest and looked away. He laughed as he hopped onto his motorcycle.

“Either you choose the easy way or the hard way.” I continued to ignore him and stared at the view straight ahead of me. “Well, it’s the hard way then.” I hear him mumble but I didn’t want to listen to him.

Someone grabbed me the waist, causing me to shriek. I tuned my face to the right to see Jeric grabbing my waist and before I know it, I was now seated on the back of his motorcycle. My mouth dropped at how fast he can grab me like that and I haven’t noticed that he hopped out of his motorcycle. This guy is something.

I felt the motorcycle move and I hold onto Jeric’s shoulder causing him to laugh. I almost jumped when I felt the weird contact again when our hands touched.

“You might want to hold on tight.” He placed my hands around his torso, which I can feel the built abs he had underneath his top. I slowly grabbed onto him as he started to ride his baby.

The nervous form my body was now disappearing as I slowly recover from the ride. The wind was blowing my hair back and it was like I was free but it all ended when suddenly, the motorcycle stopped. Jeric parked on the side.

I frowned and asked, “So soon?” He chuckled and grabs his helmet on the side. He turned to me with concern in his eyes.

 “I forgot, you have to put this on. I don’t want you to hit your head cupcake!” I mumbled thanks then we started off again. In the back of my head, I was wondering to Jeric’s change of mood. From the Jeric I knew, he changed into being caring and...loving? He was looking out to his surroundings and keeping an eye out especially with...me. He is being careful on what is happening around me and I love it. Is he proving himself and showing it to me that he can change? Well then, I have to call Grandma Josie to not pursue the ‘personal assistant’ thing because I’m sure Jeric doesn’t need one. And I’m sure he’s almost there to telling me the truth. Whether it’s bad or good, I’ll always be the friend to accept him and a friend always gets a second chance.

***

Copyright (c) 2014 by heyycupcakes

All Rights Reserved.