*27* (Katrina) Spooky Trees & Striped Cats

~*~*

Katrina's POV

~*~*

"I'm late! I'm late!"

There goes White Rabbit again, I thought to myself. Doesn't he ever adjust his watch?

And there he goes, down the rabbit hole. 

Perhaps I should visit Wonderland, too. 

My rate decreased at each step I took, moving closer but very slowly to the rabbit hole. I looked through those long, hypnotizing, and swirly trains of tunnels down below. And, without hesitation - but with a tight grip on my five churros - my body plunged through the rabbit hole. 

"Oops," I said to myself as I dropped in.

~*~*

"Ahh, I see you have visited again."

I walked closer to the familiar voice, squinting my eyes and lifting my hand up and above my eyes.

It was so dark in Wonderland right now. Usually the first thing I would see in this dimension is a flash of bright colors. Instead, today, all I could see were the silhouettes of leave-less trees. 

Soon, the Cheshire Cat, sitting on a branch, came into my view. 

"Oh. It's just you," I reassured. "That's not a bad thing... Right?"

He let out a mysterious laugh, which worried me. 

"No, no, no, dear. Have you seen my movies?" he told me, letting just his head circle around mine.

"Don't you mean... Alice's movies?" I corrected him.

"Yeah... Right," he hesitated as his head floated back to his body, which was all the way back on his high branch.

"So, what brings you to Wonderland?" he asked me slowly.

"Oh! Nothing. I-I mean I just fell in. Accidentally," I fibbed.

"Hmm... Okay," he muttered to himself. 

I stared at the ground for a while.

"Saaayyy..." he literally breathed his hot breath on me. "I've always wanted to ask a non-Wonderland resident this... What do you think of my smile?" 

Once the corners of his mouth started to turn, something caught on my leg. 

"Aah," I screamed, and I shook my leg to get it off. 

Cheshire Cat stopped smiling. 

"Oh, did my smile do that?" he asked rather seriously, which made me wonder if he was joking. 

"Maybe," I responded as I started to brush my coat free of dirt with my bare hands.

"Oh, my smile didn't do that," Cheshire sighed. "Those are just the odd trees I live on. It's normal in this part of Wonderland, you know."

"I know," I replied, brushing off the last piece of dirt from the trees above. 

"So... My smile," Cheshire started again, and gave me a big grin. 

Now that made me flinch. I really didn't know exactly how it scared me, but the way his eyes shrunk and the way the corners of his mouth literally reached his eyes made me terrified.

"Okay! Okay! That's enough!" I shouted, putting my hands in front of my face.

His smile faded.

"Sorry," he chuckled.

Even though his smile made him seem like an unfriendly fellow, Cheshire Cat was surprisingly easy to talk to.