*11* (Genevieve) An Only Wish & A New Quest

~*~*

Genevieve's POV

~*~*

This was my lucky visit, because I got to watch the World of Color show in the front row! I also brought my Glow-In-The-Show Mickey Mouse Ears to wear. I'm afraid that I'll get them soaked, though!

Even though I have already seen this show on previous visits, World of Color never ceases to amuse me! Each scene that is projected on the waves just fills my heart with pure nostalgia and it takes about one minute to take it all in. 

Near the end of the show - at the finale, to be exact - I tried to control the waves. No matter how hard I flicked my wrists, my magic didn't trigger. 

After the show, the rest of the people in the front row stormed out of their places and parted each of their ways to their next attraction. Unlike the others, I walked slowly to the train that took me to the other park.

~*~*

I took a stroll on the sidewalks of Main Street, U.S.A. It was what I always did on the first nights of my stay. The buildings of Main Street looked more stunning in the night, and I loved to look up and hear the sound of fireworks crackling in the distance. It was always the most perfect and most soothing night at Disneyland. 

Although, it felt like something was missing.

As I walked throughout the illuminated street, I thought about the magic... My magic. If it were actually real and locked up somewhere inside of me, or if it were just a sham, and just my imagination. I've been feeling it for years, every time I sing Disney songs and bring up Disney in a conversation... And even when I just see a poster of a new and upcoming Disney movie.

"Genevieve Adelaide Auburn."

I stopped in my tracks. Normally I would turn around right away once I heard someone's voice, but I didn't for some odd reason. I slowky turned around, and my face met with a friendly, familiar one.

"I've been looking for you."

The lady standing before me wore her silky, light blue gown which had a hood that barely covered her white, aged hair. In her right hand was her silver and sparkly magic wand. 

"How did you know my name?" I said to Fairy Godmother, my eyes wide.

"I've heard a rumor going around," she smiled.

I was surprised. The Disney characters knew about me? But... How?

"Now... About that wish," Fairy Godmother added.

Wish? I got lost for a second. What wish?

"Y-yes," I stuttered, regaining my thoughts. "I believe that I have magic powers... L-like you. It's just that...  I can't... Trigger... Them..."

Fairy Godmother pointed her wand to her chin, and a small amount of dust fell from it. I patiently watched the magical dust fall from the tip of the wand to the Main Street ground as Fairy Godmother thought for a while.

"This calls for a magical examination."

~*~*

Fairy Godmother took me inside Sleeping Beauty castle, into a private room where no other guest can go. I haven't heard about this room until now. 

The room was probably where Princess Aurora slept, since it was equipped with royal purple drapes, patterned mahogany carpet, and a royal blue queen sized bed, decorated with even more drapes.

"Sit down," Fairy Godmother pointed her wand to the bed. 

I did as she told. As I settled down on the mattress, I started to sink in, but I managed to pull myself back up. 

Memory foam, I thought at first. But it seemed like this bed was far too comfy for memory foam. It felt like sitting on a cloud.

Fairy Godmother pulled out her magic wand again, and I watched her as she drew a large rectangle in the middle of the room. After a few seconds, I could see that the large rectangle materialized into an x-ray machine. Fairy Godmother dragged the machine over to the bed I was sitting on and placed it right in front of me. 

It felt like a 

She stared at the machine with a curious face for a while. I wish I could see what she was seeing, and at the same time I was glad I didn't because it might look gross. 

"Ah," she said at last. "you have a lock."

I swallowed. It was so quiet now that in the room I could still hear the firework show going on outside.

"A... What?" I asked quieter than usual.

"A magical lock," Fairy Godmother repeated. "inside your heart."

Oh, it's a literal lock, I thought...

Wait... A literal lock?

"A lock?" I panicked. "Inside my heart? Take it out! Take it out! Perform surgery, anything! This is a serious... Something!"

Fairy Godmother's eyes widened at my rant, but after I spoke her irises grew smaller and she started to laugh.

Sweat poured from my head. This is no laughing matter!

Fairy Godmother caught her breath and calmed down as she patted my right shoulder gently. 

"It's okay, child," she cooed. "It's supposed to be there."

Fairy Godmother backed up.

"What?" I asked again, more calmly this time.

"You do have magic powers, Genevieve," Fairy Godmother answered immediately. "It just needs to be unlocked by a key."

"Where can I find it?"

"You don't need to," she explained while she zapped the x-ray machine, which evaporated into thin air afterwards. "Just make the most out of this trip, and later you will be able to control your magic powers."

"But I want them now! Go on, use your magic. You can unlock my, um, lock with it!" I pleaded.

"I'm sorry, Genevieve," Fairy Godmother frowned. "but you just have to do what I say. That's the only way to unlock the lock. Even my magic isn't powerful enough to unlock it. It's all up to you."

There's always a catch, I thought.

"O... Okay," I whispered, staring at the carpet.

"I believe in you," she smiled warmly. "Now, if you excuse me, I have more wishes to grant."

And with that, she stormed out of the room and I was left alone on the cloud-like bed. It was silent again.

I put my hand on my heart. Once my hand touched my heart, a firework exploded outside. I pressed harder on my heart. I don't feel anything. 

Well, I thought as I led myself out of the castle. Time to make the most of this trip.

I'm going to make the most of this trip like it's the last time I'm going here.