Preference ~ 1

The first time you meet..

Jughead Jones: the first time Jughead meets you is at the first Blue and Gold school newspaper meeting of the year

"I'm so excited, Betts! Do you think it'll be okay I'm joining?" You nervously ask your new best friend, Betty Cooper. Betty's been navigating you through the ins and outs of Riverdale and Riverdale High since you first started school there and you couldn't be more grateful for a friend like her.

"Of course, Y/N! You'll be such an amazing addition to the Blue and Gold!" Betty squeezes your shoulder reassuringly. You've always been a writer and especially loved writing for your old school's newspaper. When you found out that Riverdale High had one, well you loved the school even more! It was just a bonus that Betty would be working on the Blue and Gold with you.

She opens the door to a room filled with endless amounts office supplies, books, laptops, and even typewriters. The only thing it doesn't have, people.

"Uh Betty, where is everyone?" You ask unsurely. She drops her bag in a chair and walks behind one of the desks to grab a laptop. You two must be early.

"As much as I hate to say it, we're the only three." She sighs, plopping down on the seat behind her knees.

"Three?" You wonder aloud. Suddenly, the door opens and closes again. You turn around to find a boy, with a beanie shaped like a crown, rushing in. He's sporting a black jean jacket and a laptop underneath his arm.

"Sorry I'm late-" He apologizes before he catches your eye. He stops and not-so-subtly stares at you. You could say the same for yourself. His wavy black hair peaks out slightly from underneath his beanie and his eyes draw you in, leaving you wanting more, knowing more.

"Perfect timing, Jug! Y/N, Jughead, Jughead, Y/N." Betty introduces us. Jughead? What an unusual name.

"If you couldn't already tell, Y/N is joining the Blue an Gold!" Betty smiles and returns to her seat, leaving you ogling at Jughead.

"I was thinking for a nice ice breaker, you two could write our next cover story together." Betty proposes, looking at Jughead than you, than Jughead, than back at you, and then focusing on you. She raises her eyebrows and smirks, obviously realizing what's going on.

"Actually, I think that's perfect! Now, get writing you two!" She says.

"Can't wait." Jughead smirks before brushing past your shoulder. You take a deep breath and try to steady your heart rate. What is it about that boy?

Archie Andrews: the first time you meet Archie is at the pet store

"Alright, Misty, Milk-Bone or Buddy Biscuits?" You smile and bend down to your dog, Misty's, height and hold out two brands of dog treats. Ever since you adopted your favorite border collie, you loved her ever since. Dogs are a girls best friend after all. Misty takes her paw and bats at the bag that says Milk-Bone in a big white font.

"Good girl!" You pet her under her ears which causes her to close her eyes in happiness and stick her pink tongue out. Little did you know, a certain red-head was looking at the two of you. As you turn around to drop the treats in your cart, you hear something fall off the shelf with a thump. You turn around to see Misty biting at a bag of dog treats and trying to tear it. She must've of knocked it off the shelf.

"Misty!" You scold the now apologetic dog. When you pick up the bag and scan across the shelves to see where it came from, you notice is fell from a relatively high place. You sigh, realizing the challenge that has come to face you. Your height. You've always been pretty short and it's never actually come to your advantage. This is just another example.