Sweet Pea - 1:30

The only sound in your dark kitchen is water being filled into a tall glass. You turn your head to look at the time. 1:30 a.m. You sigh as you realize it's only Wednesday and you have school tomorrow. Just as you lift the glass to your lips, a faint knocking sound comes from your front door. You narrow your eyes in confusion but quietly make your way to the door anyway.

You pull the sheer curtains covering the window on your door to the left to see Sweet Pea, standing outside. You don't hesitate to unlock it.

One look at Sweet Pea and you let out a slight gasp. His eye is already bruising, there's blood running down his cheek, his lip is cut open, and he clutches an already bloody cloth against the palm of his hand.

"Sweet Pea." Your hand unconsciously goes to cover your mouth at the sight of your boyfriend battered and bruised like you've never seen before. This isn't exactly the first time this has happened but last time and the time before that were no where near as horrible as right now. The worst part is Sweet Pea refuses to talk about any of your late night treatments at all. When you do try to talk about it, it ends up with you two in a yelling match and no where closer to the truth.

"Y/N, I'm sorry I'm coming to you so late. Something....happened." He doesn't explain much farther than that as usual.

"Can I please come in?" You quickly nod and open the door wider.

"My parents-" you start.

"I know." He whispers. You bite your lip and motion for him to follow you.

Once in the bathroom, you quietly shut the door and flick on the lights. You scramble to find the first aid kit and disinfectant. Usually it's just nursing a bruised eye or even cleaning out small cuts but this is like nothing you've seen before.

"God where is it?" You whisper to yourself angrily. You turn around abruptly and end up face to face with Sweet Pea. Well, more like face to chest.

"I-I can't find it. The disinfectant. It's, I don't know what to do." You ramble. You're mind is pulling you in all different directions at once and doesn't seem to want to relent anytime soon.

"Baby, shh, it's okay." The pad of Sweet Pea's thumb rubs soothing circles on your cheek. You take a much needed deep breath and unclench your fists.

"Sit?" You ask him. He smiles slightly and nods, taking a seat on the toilet.

Calmly now, you take out the contents of the first aid kit and start cleaning up Sweet Pea's wounds. You feel his eyes on you while you dab a cotton ball over his cut cheek. The silence is as loud as ever.

"Please tell me you're going to tell me how this happened?" You ask him, making eye contact now. You know this probably isn't the best conversation starter due to Sweet Pea's temper on this subject.

"It's nothing." He says monotonously.

"A giant gash in your hand is definitely nothing." You say with sarcasm and a hint of anger. You finish up bandaging his hand and gently hold it in your own.

"Sweets, you know I care about you so much. Right?" Your eyes beg him to explain.

"Y/N.." He warns. You let go of his hand and look down at your feet as you stand up.

"I guess it was stupid for me to ask then." He quickly stands up with you, his chocolate brown eyes burning into you. You feel that familiar lump growing in your throat already. "I don't want you coming to my house at 1:30 with horrible wounds unexplained. It's getting to be too much and I can't fight with you anymore. I don't know why you just can't-"

Suddenly he cuts you off by quickly lifting up your chin and connecting your lips with his. His other hand finds its way to your cheek. The faint taste of mint left in his mouth always makes you feel comforted in a matter of mere seconds. You relax into him despite your annoyance with his secrecy. That's just it, he has a hold on you like no else has before. And sometimes, that scares you.

Too soon, he pulls away and rests his forehead on yours. Your mind seems to have cleared if anything.

"The South Side protest." He half whispers, leaving you with more questions than before. You know better than to ask them though.

"Jug thought it would be a brilliant idea to chains ourselves up to South Side High in a 'peaceful protest.'" He surprises you by continuing. You should've guessed. Jughead is always pulling crazy stunts to save the high school he went to for what? Three days? The thought of him risking Sweet Pea's life angers you beyond words.

"So I'm assuming.." You ask, finally connecting the dots in your head.

"Let's just say us Serpents don't go down without a fight." He smirks. You sigh and reluctantly drop your hands from his chest that you hadn't actually known been there.

"I think it's great that you stand up for what you believe in," you start, "but if something were to happen to you I wouldn't forgive myself." You look down, desperately trying not to think of the worst. Sweet Pea's index finger finds its way underneath your chin again and tilts your head back up to meet his surprisingly soft eyes.

"I love you, Y/N." You feel your lips part slightly from the sincerity coming from the Serpent. "Don't forget it." He whispers before leaning into you. Your lips connect with his again and you feel yourself instantly relax. "And nothing is going to happen to me. Don't worry about me." You reluctantly nod as he pulls you into a tight embrace. His scent wraps around you and holds you tight, just likes his arms.

"I should get going-"

"Stay." You cut him off. "Please." He smiles.

"Of course. Anything for my girl." In return, you smile and take his hand to lead him to your room, even though he's already been there plenty of times.

With a slight creak, you close your bedroom door and yawn. You climb back into bed with Sweet Pea on the other side. Taking his hand in yours, you turn to your side with his arm resting over your torso. You faintly feel his lips press against your head as your eyes flutter shut.

A/N
Just wanted to write an extra Sweet Pea chapter because I was feeling inspired 😊