Chapter Two - Tom Jones

Disclaimer: The Percy Jackson series is owned by Rick Riordan

People Meeting Percabeth chapter 2 Tom Jones dedications – thedamfood

1 year after the war with Gaia, Percy and Annabeth were 18

Hi, my names Tom Jones and when this all happened I was 17.

It was one of the scariest days of my life, because I decided that I was going to ask out my best friend and long time crush, Annabeth Chase, I just didn’t know how to do it. We’d been going to school together for the last year and a half after Annabeth had taken a year off because of family reasons and I was one of her best friends. Most of the boys at school had a crush on Annabeth, but this other guy that asked her out, Sam Everdeen, ended up getting a black eye. All of our friends new I liked Annabeth, I’m pretty sure the whole grade new I liked her, but Annabeth never really took any notice of boys.

I saw our friend’s, Krista , Ava , James and Felix waling down the corridor towards my locker where I was standing.

“ Hey Tom” Felix said.

“What’s up man?” I waved.

“ Well, Lindsey Walker just invited us to her party tonight, so we were just coming to see if you were coming?” James said.

“ Sounds awesome, I’ll invite Annabeth later. I was thinking about asking her out tonight” I mumbled blushing, my blonde hair shielding my face.

“ Finally, Annabeth needs to get a boyfriend, loosen up a bit” my twin sister Ava squealed while jumping up, with her being so short and having her long blonde hair in piggy tails she looked like a little girl, while Krista just looked sullen. The blast of the bell rang through the school end our conversation and telling us it was time for Home class.

********************************************************************************

After two hours of class the bell finally rang for lunch. I made my way into the crowded cafeteria and towards our normal table at the back of the room. The only person sitting there was Annabeth. Her hair was pulled up in a simple pony tail, she was wearing a long grey knitted shirt with an owl on it, an old faded pair of jeans and a pair of converse on and her head was buried in a book.

“Hey Annie” I said sitting down across from her.

“What have I told you about calling me Annie, Tomothy?” she said looking up from her book. Yes I know what you’re probably thinking ‘what sort of name is Tomothy, were your parents high when they named you?’, the answer to your question is, they were thinking about how fun it would be to have to send their kid to consoling for year’s because people would call him Dorothy and yes they were probably high. The whole group knows how much I hate being called Tomothy, so they only call me that when they’re angry at me.

“ Touché. What are you reading?” I said. The easiest way to get Annabeth involved in a convocation is to start talking about architecture, books or her summer camp for dyslexic kids, but she doesn’t really talk about that all that much.

“ It’s amazing. It’s all about a massive temple built in Athens for the Goddess Athena” she gushed, the way most girls when their talking about the new shoes they just bought.