Chapter 15: Perfect

I sat impatiently at my bedroom window, waiting for Sam to pull up. It felt like an eternity, but the second I saw him, I was down the stairs and out the door. When I got outside, he was standing in the middle of my yard wearing a black tux with a burgundy button-up underneath. I walked up to him confused.

"Why are you so fancy?...." I looked over, "and why is there a motorcycle?...."

"I'm fancy because we're going somewhere fancy, and there's a motorcycle because that's our ride."

My jaw dropped, "Do you see what I'm wearing??" I was only wearing a pair of leggings and an oversized cable knit sweater.

"I've already got that planned," He grabbed my hand, and plopped a helmet on my head, "Hop on," He said smiling.

I laughed, but obeyed, "You're crazy," He got on first and I crawled on behind him, he started the engine and I wrapped my arms around him and squealed.

"We're not even moving yet!"

"You're talking to the girl who started crying when we went to a horror movie!"

He didn't reply, he just pushed the pedal and we started moving. I squealed again and squeezed tighter. We drove through the city, the lights lighting up our path and the full moon shined in all its glory as the stars danced around it. I began to relax, and loosen my grip on Sam's chest as I marveled at the beauty. Soon Sam came to a stop in front of a cute little boutique called Bluberi. Beautiful dresses on mannequins were perfectly staged in the windows.

"We're here," He said, taking the key out of the ignition

I giggled, "You're still crazy," hopping off, he took my hand and we walked in, a little bell rang as we entered. We stood just in front of the door for a moment, Sam put his arm around my waist, and rubbed my back, while I stood there wide-eyed and stunned. Soon a woman with bright red hair, that clearly had high-energy came out of nowhere. Dresses in hand, she hustled over us, hanging them on a nearby hanger.

She shook Sam's free hand, "You must be Sam," She said, excitedly.

He nodded and smiled, "That's me"

Then she turned to me, shaking my hand as well, "and you must be Hailey, I'm Rae, I've heard so much about you."

"Oh, you have?" I said, smiling and nudging Sam.

She laughed, and grabbed the dresses off of the hanger, "So both Sam and I have picked out a few dresses, and they are already in the back. You are welcome to look around, or head right back there and start trying on," She said with a smile.

"I think I trust your opinions," I said, grabbing Sam's hand.

"Perfect! I'll be back there in a few to check up on you!" As she walked away she rubbed my arm, and whispered: "He's a keeper."

I grinned and walked into the back with Sam. It was filled with dresses, all my size. A few caught my eye right away.

"All the long dresses are made for you," Sam whispered into my ear.

I quickly grabbed the first long dress and held it up to my body. It was perfect, it barely touched the ground, "Oh. My. God," I squealed and jumped up and down.

I tried on like 13 different dresses, modeling each one, but eventually fell in love with a burgundy colored dress, which had a stunning deep-v neckline. It was long, with tulle-like fabric, that flowed beautifully, underneath was a more silky fabric which had a slit up the right leg, to about mid-thigh.

I dramatically opened the curtain to the dressing room, "I've found it!" I squealed.

Rae and Sam stood side by side, Sam's mouth dropped and I could see the smirk forming on his face. Rae on the other hand, squealed just as I did, "Darling, you look fabulous!" She said fluffing the bottom of the dress, and handing me a pair of sparkly gold heels.