With nothing but hate for it, she snatched the ring off her finger, clutching it in her hand and storming over to the window before swinging it open. She lifted her hand up, ready to throw it out of her life and run back to Sesshomaru.

‘If you don’t agree to this marriage you’ll come face to face with my dead body.’

She froze. Suddenly, all of her resolve had vanished and washed away with the rain. Silent tears fell from her eyes, drops landing on the window sill. She used to love the rain. The smell as it hit the earth. The sound as it pattered against the window. The rainbows that would appear after the clouds had gone. It rained the day she made love to Sesshomaru. Looking out at the grey clouds and the rain now...it had become a curse. Whenever it rained now she would only remember her lost will and hope.

She brought her hand down and fell to her knees. As she sobbed quietly into her hands, the ring dropped to the floor.

***

“Look, Jaken! Lord Sesshomaru’s back!” Rin exclaimed with joy.
Jaken jumped up, excited that his master had returned and he no longer had to babysit. “Finally!”

Sesshomaru walked towards them. Although the rain had stopped, the sky was still dark reflecting his own heart. Rin and Jaken ran towards him but Rin giggled because Lyra would be with him. That is why he had left them after all. She couldn’t see Lyra but she simply thought she was hiding behind Sesshomaru.

Rin ran straight past Sesshomaru. “Lyra! Huh?” There was no one there. “Where’s Lyra?” she asked, her smile fading.
Sesshomaru simply side eyed the girl but continued walking. “She's gone.”
“What do you mean?” she asked turning to look at him.
He stopped and closed his eyes. “She's never coming back. She means nothing to us now.” His eyes opened again but his gaze was lowered. “It will serve you well to forget about her. Let’s go.”

Sesshomaru continued walking. What he had just told Rin were more for himself. He had to forget about her now. She had made her choice. Rin still stood on one spot, unable to understand what was happening. Lyra wasn’t coming back and Sesshomaru told them to forget about her? It must have been a nightmare. But it wasn’t.

Tears began to well up in her eyes. “Lyra’s not coming back?”
“It’s about time!” Jaken exclaimed. “This is the best news I’ve heard since we first found her.” The little imp clutched onto his stick as he followed after his master. “She was nothing but a waste of Lord Sesshomaru’s time and strength. Now come, Rin! Don’t fall behind because we won’t be coming back for you!”

Rin used the sleeves of her kimono to wipe away her tears before running after them.

For the rest of the day, everything was silent. Sesshomaru didn’t want to hear anything. He blocked everything out; Rin's questioning to find out what happened, Jake’s constant yacking that he was right the whole time, even the sound of the birds which he learned to enjoy with Lyra. He wanted nothing.

When night fell and Rin and Jaken had fallen asleep, Sesshomaru stood alone on a field. The future he had envisioned to have with Lyra was over. He had never thought so much about the future until she came into his life. And now everything had been lost. A home. A family. A wife. She had crushed it all.

***

Lyra was sleeping in Kagome's bed for the night. She was tired but she couldn’t sleep. Her aunt wanted to know all about the engagement, apologising that they weren’t able to make it on such short notice. The conversation itself was tiring with both Mama and Sota being excited about the whole thing. However, Grandpa kept on saying arranged marriages were too old fashioned and people should be with the ones they love. It was as if he knew the truth in Lyra's heart but she denied it. Since she had to drive the next day, she forced herself to get some sleep. The last thing she wanted was to fall asleep on the wheel on her way back.

Without You | Sesshomaruजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें