Chapter Fourty-Four

Beginne am Anfang

She looked confused but went along with it.

I thought I would bring her to see the land.

"And how far is this surprise prince?"

"Well darlin' it's about a ten minute drive," which is the reason it was perfect, we would still be close to the diner, and it was six acres, "We should be there in a few."

Dani laughed at my ridiculous accent and I couldn't help but join her.

I parked on the side of the bush so you couldn't see it, not that it was much yet, and we started walking around the corner.

When we got close I asked her to close her eyes, "Do me a favour darlin' and close those pretty brown eyes for me."

She laughed but did it anyways and I held her hand leading her to the other side.

I stood behind her and held her shoulders, worried she wouldn't be as excited as me about the land.

"Okay ma'am, take a look." I was nervous so it didn't come out as southern as before.

"I don't get it Kane."

I pointed to the 'Sold' sign.

"Is this what you wanted?" I nodded slowly and she looked sad, "I'm sorry, it is nice, it's beautiful and open.

I couldn't hold it back any more, "Would you want a house here if you could?"

"Yes, but it's sold."

"Yes it is." I know she was confused but then it clicked and she looked at me questioningly.

"Yes, it's ours."

"No! Kane did you really?"

"Yes."

"You bought land?"

"Yeah, we have to have land to build on."

"Kane this is wonderful, I couldn't ask for anything half as nice as this."

There were trees surrounding three sides, and part of the front, and there were paths through the bush but I wasn't sure if that would be a selling point. I already checked and we could build anywhere we wanted on the property, more than four buildings, so nothing would be a problem.

I turned her back to me, "Those are happy tears?" I was just hoping.

She didn't say anything, just pulled me close to her after nodding her head.

"I thought you might want a say in it, but I wanted to surprise you."

"Kane, it's perfect! It's close but we're enough out of town that it's nice and the sun over the trees will be beautiful!"

"I'm so happy you like it."

"I love it. Thank you Kane. I don't even know how to put it into words! I'm speechless."

"You're welcome, darlin'."

She laughed, "You are my Prince Charming, and you've swept me away to my dream."

"No, but to the start of our dream."

"That does sound better."

"It's six acres, we're allowed to build the three buildings we want and we can put a driveway in."

"You always think of everything."

"I try."

She jumped and I caught her as she wrapped her legs around me and she held me tight as I laughed, relieved that she was as happy as me.