3. The Shining Beacon

Bill POV

We all walk out of the plane thing towards Beacon.

Ruby & Yang: wowwwwwwww

Yang: the view from Vale's got nothing on this.

Ruby: ooh!ooh!sis! That kid has a collapsible staff! And she's got a fire sword!

Yang: easy there, little sister they're just weapons.

Ruby: just weapons​? They're​ an extension of ourselves they're a part of us! They're so cool!

Yang: well why can't you swoon over your own weapon aren't you happy with it.

Ruby: of course I'm happy with Cresent Rose! I just really like seeing new ones it's like meeting new people but better.

Yang: Ruby, come on, why don't you go try and make some friends of your own.

Ruby: but why would I need friends when I have you and Bill?

Yang: well... Actually, my friends​ are here now gotta go catch up'kay, c'ya, bye.

Ruby: wait where are you going? Are we supposed to go to our dorms? Where are our dorms? Do we have dorms? I don't know what I'm doing...

Bill: Ruby you're going to-

Ruby falls on luggage

Bill: never mind.

Girl in white: what are you doing!?

Ruby: uh... Sorry.

Girl in white: sorry do you have any idea of the damage you could've caused​?

Ruby: uhh...

Girl in white: gimme that! This is dust mined and purified from the Schnee Quarry.

Ruby: uhh...

Girl in white: what are you brain dead? Dust! Fire, water, lightning, energy!

Ruby: uhhh...

Bill: I don't think you be shaking that.

Girl in white: quiet you! Are you even listening ​to me? Is any of this sinking in? What do you have to say for your for yourself​?

I start to walk backwards.

Ruby: uhhhaaaahhh-Chooooo!

'explosion' I just took out a cigarette and start smoking.

Girl in white: unbelievable! This is exactly the think I was talking about!

Ruby: I'm really, really sorry!

Girl in white: ugh! You complete dolt! What are you even doing here? Aren't you a little young to be attending Beacon!

Ruby: well... I...

Girl in white: this isn't your ordinary combat school. It's not just sparring and practice you know we're here to fight monsters! So watch where you're​ going!

Ruby: hey, I said I was sorry, Princess!

Blake: it's heiress, actually.

I see that Blake join the conversation so I join as well.

Blake: Weiss Schnee, heiress to the Schness Dust Company, one of the largest producers​ of energy propellant in the world.

Weiss: finally, some recognition.

Blake: the same company infamous for its controversial laboratory forces and questionable business partners​.

Weiss: what-how dare--! The nerve of--! Ugh!

Me and Ruby just start laughing​ at Weiss, when Weiss walk away Ruby and I stop laughing at her.

Ruby: I promise I'll make this up to you! I guess I'm not the only one having a rough first day. So what's--?

She turns around to see Blake walking away.

Ruby drops to the floor

Ruby: welcome to Beacon...

Bill: come on, first day aren't​ always​ good.

Ruby: ok.

Boy in armour: hey... I'm Jaune.

Ruby: Ruby.

Bill: Bill.

Jaune: aren't​ you to old for school.

Bill: who ya call old.

Ruby: aren't you the guy that threw up on the ship?

----timeskip----

Bill POV

Jaune: all I'm saying is that motion sickness is a must more common problem than people let on!

Ruby: look, I'm sorry Vomit-boy was the first thing that came to mind.

Jaune: oh yeah, what if I called you Crater-face?

Ruby: hey, that explosion was an accident.

Jaune: well the name's Jaune Arc! Short, sweet, rolls off the tongue, ladies love it!

Ruby & Bill: do they?

Jaune: they will well, I hope they will... I mean, my mom always says​ that... Never mind.

Ruby: So I got this thing.

Ruby unfolds​ Cresent Rose

Jaune: whoa! Is that a scythe!

Ruby: it's also a customisable, high impact velocity sniper rifle.

Jaune: a wha-?

Bill: it's also a gun, Jaune.

Jaune: oh! That's cool!

Ruby: so what've you got?

Jaune: oh- uh, I got this sword.

Ruby: oooooooh!

Jaune: yeah, I've got a shield too!

Ruby: so what do they do?

Jaune: well... The shield gets smaller... So... When I get tired of carrying it... I can just put it away.

Ruby: but wouldn't​ it weigh the same?

Jaune: yeah, it does. What about you Bill. What weapons do you have.

Bill: I have 2 guns and a axe.

Ruby: well, I'm kind of a dork when it comes to weapons, I guess I did go a little overboard​ designing it.

Bill: ya, a little.

Jaune: wait, you made that?

Ruby: of course! All students at Signal forge their weapons didn't you make yours?

Jaune: it's a hand-me-down, my great-great-grandfather used it to fight in the war.

Ruby: ... sounds more like a family heirloom to me! Well I like it! Not many people have an appreciation for the classic these days.

Jaune: yeah, the classic

Ruby: so why'd you help me out back there, in the courtyard?

Jaune: eh, why not? My mom always says​ "strangers are just friends you haven't met yet"

Ruby: Hmmm... Hey, where are we going?

Jaune: oh, I dunno, I was following you.

Bill: follow me, I found a map of the school... It's​ this way.

End of chapter 3