Chapter Twenty-Eight

Beginne am Anfang

"Where're ya going Charlie?" he asked.

His voice almost seemed childish, as if he was in the middle of playing a game. This definitely wasn't my dad.

I took me a few seconds to answer him. He was still looking on his phone when I took a loud gulp and replied.

"It's getting a little late, and I'm tired, so I'm just going to go to bed"

The sound of his phone locking jumpstarted my adrenaline. I grabbed the door handle right after I heard the click and bolted. The second he saw me run, he jumped from his chair and tried to grab me. I screamed and closed the door to the security room behind me in his face making sure to hold the handle and not let him out. I could hear him growling on the other side of the door.

"You're a smart girl Charlie" he laughed. "Didn't think it would be this hard to get rid of you" he laughed.

"Where's my dad!?" I screamed.

He just kept laughing. "Daddy's not home right now sweetheart. It's just me"

"And who is me?"

That's when he stopped laughing. Only silence from the other side of the door. "Then a whisper from the crease in the door said. "Your new daddy" I screamed and jumped away from the door allowing him to open it.

He chased me throughout the whole museum. He was fast, but I was faster. I somehow managed to get a few seconds ahead of him, which gave me time to duck into one of the rooms without him seeing me. Of course, of all the rooms I could've hid in, I hid in the doll room.

I heard him walk past the room I was in. His breathing was heavy from all the running.

"Charlie? Where are you?" he sang. "I'm going to find you, you stupid bitch"

I sat in the farthest corner of the room. I was covering my mouth hoping he wouldn't find me; I was so terrified I realized I was sobbing through my hand. Tears were rushing down my face onto my clothes, yet no sound. I looked for my phone to call the police, but I'd realized I had left it in my room when I found the spirit box.

I heard him and sat silently as he wandered up and down the hallways for about an hour, then I heard him stop right outside the doll room. He was whispering what seemed to be absolute gibberish, and kept randomly laughing. Then he stopped and yelled again.

"I'm not going to hurt you Charlie! I just wanna talk about what happened! I just want to say I'm sorry!"

When I didn't answer he got angrier. "Where the fuck are you Charlie!?"

I was so petrified I could barely move, but I knew I had to get out of there because if he were to find me, I knew he (or whatever he was) would kill me. I heard him walk away and further down the hallway until I couldn't hear him anymore. That was when I knew it was my chance.

I silently stood up from my spot, making sure not to knock anything over, but of course my luck got the best of me and I knocked over one of the porcelain dolls. It was if I was watching in slow motion as I watched the doll fall to the ground and smash and shatter all over the hardwood floor. I knew had to run now.

The sound of his pounding boots running toward me started right after the sound of the porcelain doll smashing. So once again my adrenaline started to pump through my body and I ran into the hallway, directly into Zak's stone hard chest.

When I looked up at him he was smiling. "I knew you were going to come out sometime, but I thought you would last a bit longer. Whatever, thanks for the game; it made this much more fun" he smiled even bigger.

I tried to run away, but he grabbed me by the hair and threw me down onto the ground. I screeched and tried to crawl away, but he put his foot on my back.

"Where do you think you're going?" I was still crying.

"I love it when they cry" he sweetly sighed. "Now it's time fun stuff"

Before he knew it, I flipped onto my stomach, causing him to lose his balance, then I grabbed his leg that was once on my back, and pulled it down, causing him to lose his balance and fall onto the ground beside me. I immediately stood up and started to run, but he grabbed my foot, causing me to screech once again and fall face down to the dusty carpet below.

He chuckled. "You're a fighter. Just like your daddy-" he pointed to his head. "But he's not doing so well right now" he smiled.

I quickly got to my feet and ran, but I only made it to the end of the hallway when he grabbed me by the hips, spun me around, and threw me over his shoulder.

"Gotcha" he said victoriously.

I fought, I really did. I kicked hard and I pounded as hard as I could on his back, but he wouldn't let me go. So I gave up, I went limp in his arms and cried in defeat.

"Guess you really aren't as much as a fighter as I thought you were then"

"Where are you taking me?" I mumbled.

"Somewhere where no one will ever find you" he happily sang.

"Let me go please" I begged. "I know you're in there somewhere dad! Please let me down!"

He laughed. "I'm in control of everything sweetheart. You know what that means? I know all of his darkest secrets" he stopped and readjusted me back onto his shoulder which I was slowly sliding off of. "He hates you. He wishes you were never born. He wishes you never existed"

"You're lying, he loves me"

"He really doesn't. He misses his old life Charlie-kinz, he has never loved you"

I started to cry harder. He can't be telling the truth, my dad loves me.

That was when I saw her. Lady Verge. She was standing at the end of the hallway, behind Zak. She was standing there mouthing something, as if she were telling me to do something.

Then as if she were right beside me, I hear the word "Fight" in a woman's voice right in my ear. I never knew one word could give me such energy.