Chapter 59: You can't do this

Jungkook had many thoughts on his mind. He was confused, angry, and sad. He's an alpha, and something like Hoseok preferring Taehyung over him shouldn't bother him as much as it did. After all, any alpha would choose an omega over another alpha any day.

He had been walking aimlessly, internally battling with himself on whether or not he wanted to return sooner rather than later. But the more he walked, the more he felt like he needed more time to think.

There was a reason alphas don't mate with each other, and he wondered if something was wrong with him. Jungkook couldn't help but wonder what his life would have been like if he hadn't gone with Jimin and joined Namjoon's pack. Was he missing something because he was separated from his family and placed into a new pack? Was it bad that he had moved while still being a pup?

Tears welled up in his eyes. He was angry at himself, for being a weak alpha, and an incapable would-be mate to both Hoseok and Taehyung. He knew everyone was busy, but he wished someone were here. He felt so alone. Ashamed, he crouched down and began to cry, afraid that if he continued walking, his feet would take him right back to Hoseok and Taehyung. He didn't want that kind of hurt again.

He rubbed his eyes with the palm of his hands, sniffling. He was weak. Taehyung was going to give him pups, but right now, everything seemed so overwhelming. He loved Taehyung, but now that Hoseok was in the picture, he felt so unsure and cornered. There wasn't an easy solution. He had even told Hoseok that they were over and his heart ached at the memory. Why did he say that? If they truly didn't try and work things out, then everything between them would be over. Their pack wouldn't even be the same again. That's the last thing Jungkook wanted.

He stood up and began walking again. He already knew what he should do, but he was scared and intimidated.

If only Yoongi hadn't gone into rut. He wished Jimin, who he's known the longest, were here with him.

He wished things were as simple as before, back before he had presented.

He wasn't used to waking up in the den, with Jimin curled next to him. His surroundings were so unfamiliar, that he often woke up confused and disoriented.

"J-Jimin-!" He scrambled to sit up. The omega drowsily sat up with him, his hair a mess.

"What? What's wrong?" Jimin asked after yawning. "Did you have a nightmare?"

"No..." He felt bad for waking the other up so suddenly. "....I-It's nothing. Go back to sleep."

"Mm-kay." Jimin laid himself back down and within seconds, his breath had evened out and he was asleep.

But Jungkook couldn't go back to sleep so easily. He slipped out from Jimin's hold and made his way out of the den. Outside, he found the other omega of this new pack, Taehyung. Jimin had already became great friends with him, but Jungkook was still hesitant. It was strange, being in this new pack with different dynamics than his old one.

It was daytime, and Jungkook was surprised when he didn't see the alphas in sight. He stood there, watching Taehyung play with something in the grass. Said omega had his back turned to him and was giggling, which made Jungkook all the more curious.

He slowly walked out from the mouth of the den and into the sunlight. It was so peaceful here. His old pack had been pretty large, and there had always been noise and talking. But here, it seemed like he and the rest of Namjoon's pack were the only ones that existed.

He tensed when Taehyung suddenly turned his head to look at him.

"Jungkookie." Taehyung grinned and waved him over. "Come here! Look what I found!"