Chapter 35: In deep thoughts

Jungkook watched from afar as Hoseok drank from the river. He missed the relationship he once had with the elder, but he doesn't think he'd give Taehyung up just to repair it. The two haven't spoken to each other in what felt like days, and any interactions between them were awkward and filled with tension. He didn't know how to repair it though. They were both proud alpha's, with a sense of pride, so neither of them were going to apologize to the other.

After Hoseok had enough, he stood back up and sluggishly returned to Taehyung, who was asleep again. The omega had been sleeping more and more, and Jungkook wondered if that was a symptom of being pregnant.

Jimin and Yoongi were off somewhere, probably talking, so it was just the three of them here. He glanced at the den, to where Namjoon and Jin were. Namjoon's rut has been longer than usual, so they were all waiting patiently for the two to come out so they could leave.

Taehyung woke up after receiving a gentle nudge from Hoseok. The alpha was chewing the meat that Jungkook had brought back earlier, and was feeding it to him by leaning down and connecting their mouths. There was no exchange of words, but Jungkook saw the longing in Taehyung's eyes as he silently stared at Hoseok. He knew the omega wanted to say something, or to have Hoseok speak to him, but no such thing occurred. After the chunk of meat Hoseok had been feeding to Taehyung was gone, he sat up and left the poor omega alone.

Once Hoseok was gone, Jungkook decided to return to Taehyung's side.

"Why don't you try saying something to him?" Jungkook asked as he plopped down beside the omega.

Taehyung turned onto his side, sighing in disappointment. "What can I say?"

Jungkook shrugged, despite Taehyung not being able to see it. "Thank you at least?"

It was quiet. The sun was setting and Jungkook watched the shadows begin to fade and blend as the light began to disappear over the mountains in the distance. He was thinking about many things. He wanted to touch Taehyung's stomach, just to feel it. It was still flat, but he liked the idea of Taehyung soon becoming round with his pups.

He also wondered how Namjoon and Jin were fairing. Jin was injured on his stomach, and Jungkook couldn't help but worry at the strain that had to be on the omega to help an alpha during their rut. Hoseok was still taking care of Taehyung, still treating him gently and making sure he was healthy and well-rested. Jungkook wondered if their relationship was forever ruined. He didn't see how it could be possible to repair it.

He heard the rustle of bushes and footsteps. Jimin and Yoongi appeared and he scoffed at the omega's state.

Jimin's cheeks were dusted pink and his fluffy hair was messy. His lips were swollen in a pout and he looked slightly out of breath. Jungkook raised an eyebrow at the two.

"I-it was him!" Jimin instantly accused, pointing to a nonchalant Yoongi who yawned and slowly sunk to lay on the grass. "W-we were talking about Tae's situation and Namjoon, but then he brought up when I had yelled at you and Hobi and then he started k-kissing-"

"...You don't have to explain yourself..." Jungkook deadpanned.

"Damn right we don't." Yoongi suddenly quipped, rolling onto his back and letting his eyelids fall shut.

Jimin fidgeted from where he was sitting, like he wanted to lay next to Yoongi, but something stopped him from doing so. After a questioning stare from Jungkook, he swallowed and looked down. "C-can't we all lay with Tae? I bet it would make him feel better..." He mumbled, his cheeks somehow growing redder.

At that, Yoongi hummed. "Where's Hobi?"

"He went for a walk." Jungkook answered. He wasn't necessarily sure that that's what the alpha was up to, but it was his best guess.