Mae rushed over to him and kept him on his feet. "You good?"

"Yeah." Winston croaked out. "Thanks." Mae nodded at him before she walked away.

The brunette groaned as her hair stuck down on to her sweaty forehead. Mae reached behind her head to take off her hair band, only for it to snap. The girl rolled her eyes and kicked at the floor while she threw the broken band to the side. Her long brown hair fell down on to her shoulders and she sighed, regretting trying to take her hair tie off in the first place.

"Here." A voice offered. Mae turned her head to see Teresa standing next to her, holding out a brown hair band.

Mae flashed a small smile before taking it out of her hand. "Thanks."

"How's your jaw?" Teresa wondered, her eyes scanning Mae's jawline.

"It's fine, I don't even notice it hurts unless I put pressure on it." Mae shrugged. Teresa's mouth twitched upwards, almost as if she wanted to smile but forced herself not to. Mae furrowed her eyebrows at her action and coughed. "So, an all boy Maze, huh? What was that like?"

"Testosterone–y." The blue eyed girl revealed, earning a small smile from Mae. "It was chaotic. I was only there for a few days, but that didn't stop me from nearly getting sacrificed."

Mae raised her eyebrows. "Sacrificed? As in ritual, voodoo, dancing around naked sacrifice?"

Teresa cracked a smile before she shook her head. "No, I caused panic when I got to the Maze because everything started to change. A guy named Gally thought if he sacrificed Thomas and I, then everything would go back to normal."

"Ah, right." Mae caught on. The girl couldn't help,but think about a girl named Beth, when Teresa described this boy's actions.

"What about you?" Teresa questioned. "What was an all girl Maze like?"

"Oh, you know, oestrogen–y."

After their short lived conversation, Teresa had drifted off back to Thomas and Mae stayed at the back of the group, not in the mood to socialise. Mae quite liked having Teresa around, being stuck in an all girl Maze all her life, she didn't know what she'd do if she was the only girl.

Aris stayed back and walked alongside Mae. "You haven't gotten any sleep in a while, have you?"

Mae shook her head hesitantly. "No. But, I'm fine. I think I'll live."

"Maybe you are now. But, if you don't get some rest soon–"

"Stuff it, Aris. I'm fine." The girl reassured, cutting the boy off. Aris obeyed and stayed quiet. "Look man, I'm sorry about Rachel. I know you guys had some sort of unspoken thing goin' on."

Aris visibly tensed at the mention of Rachel's name. Though, he had been thinking about her since he saw her, a part of him hoped that if no one spoke about it then, maybe it wasn't real. He wanted to believe it wasn't real.

"Nothing we can do about it now." The young boy deadpanned, before walking away.

Mae sighed as she watched Aris walk ahead by himself, his hands swinging lazily by his side. She knew Aris was sensitive and probably didn't want to talk about it so instead, she just watched as he kicked small rocks away.

"God, I wish Sonya was here." Mae muttered. The second in command was always the one to make other people feel better, she was always more of a people person and Mae had no idea what she was doing.

"Who's Sonya?" A quiet and strained voice wondered. Mae looked to the side to see Winston, his eyes dropping as he struggled to keep walking.

"The second in command in my Maze." The girl informed. "She was a lot better at situations like this."