Did I love someone ??

Start from the beginning

And thus, they all were outside on the beautiful sunny day. That too, on a very peaceful note.

After few minutes of waiting, as Mohit finished up with the parking process, they all headed to the park nearby.

On the way, they had to halt three times, which was by the way, too much, as the park was only a few miles away.

But then, Indians never are satisfied with little.

So, having a nice breakfast at a dhaba nearby, they again started their "journey" to the park, which was in view already.

Upon reaching, the first person to greet them was a little boy named Cody Arora.

Mohit knew the boy very well as he lived just three blocks away from them. He also was Nikki's best friend and playmate, with both of them being of the same age.

"I was waiting for you," he said, winking at Nikki.

"These two were fighting and that's why we are late," she replied, pointing Mohit and Diya.

Soon after that, they went holding hands with each other to play with the rest of the kids.

"Oh wow...now little kids roam about in front of me, holding hands. While I sit here watching them like a complete loser," Mohit sighed, thinking.

The thought was making him feel even worse than he thought it would.

"THOUGHTCEPTION" on point.

He looked around for little Cody's parents and found them sitting on a bench on the opposite side of the park...HOLDING HANDS !!

" Great... I'm not mad at all.
Park is after all a place for romance. Don't blame others Mohit, you are the misfit, " he muttered to himself darkly.

Seeing him morose and grumpy, Diya tapped on his shoulder and gently said,"Mind if we sit at that bench ?"

"I'm in for anything that would kill my time."

Having seated and letting a few minutes pass in silence, Mohit started speaking,

"A boy with a dusky complexion, having Indian parents named Cody Arora....like seriously ??

Why do people have such weird names ?? Why is he Nikki's best friend ?? And, why is everyone holding hands ?? How boring... "

Suddenly, he felt Diya's hand on his. Her nicely toned hand now was entwined with that of his.

Everything suddenly went quiet. It felt like forever had beautifully descended on them.

Smiling, she said, " You could have just said that you are feeling lonely, mister. Remember this Mr Grumpy, you are not alone. I'm here with you. Just grab my hand if loneliness scares you. I'll never let you go. I promise."

Being loved was a feeling that he never had felt before. That little speck of physical affection broke away the shell, and he cried.

Cried...and cried...and cried, until all the pain condensed into tears.

He revealed to her everything regarding his past, and she was more than once in tears listening to the pain that he had went through.

He even said about last night's incident and his plans about going to Goa.

"How could someone be so nice after going through so much ?" she whispered looking up at him.

"I don't k-"

Words failed him as Diya tightly clasped her hands around his neck, taking him into an embrace. Hugging him like it was the end of the world. Like it was the last thing that was needed to be done.

Even the loneliest of the people crave affection, and Mohit was no exception. He felt secure, might even happy. That hug felt like making him want to fall in love again.

Hugging her back even tighter, he just hoped it would never end. World was at peace. The souls were quiet. It was forever in process.

"When are we leaving ??" she asked after what felt like ages.

They broke away from the embrace. End of an happy dream.

"Maybe tomorrow or the day after that. Not sure. We should pack our things, though," replied Mohit, stealing glances at her.

"Fine," she replied, with a distant feeling in her voice. Mohit was a beautiful person to fall in love with. But, he too was in love with Aahana and his love was undying. 

People don't always return the love we adore them with, that's how life works. And, Diya knew that life wasn't fair.

"Aahana is really lucky to have someone like you," she said, looking away from Mohit.

A silent tear rolled down her cheek....

________________________________________________________________

Yeah, heartbreak💔 We all have endured it or most of us have.

If you ever felt the same as Diya, then comment your thoughts.

And if you enjoyed this chapter, then vote, comment and share.

It would mean a fucking world to meeee!!

Love y'all and byeee.