Chapter 9: Forgiveness for You

Start from the beginning

      "Yo, what you doing in my spot?" I asked while pulling her to my room. I looked around to make sure Raheem wasn't around her. Zach gave me a suspicious glare once more before shaking his head and heading back to his room. I knew I would have to explain what was going on to him soon.

"Yolanda why you here?" I asked irritated at her presence.

      "Cause yo nigga is at my house and he's getting on my everlasting nerve with all of that weak ass crying over you." She slurred looking around the room. "Oouuu a sleep over, can I join?"

"Hell yea, you can lay right here." Tae flirted patting the spot on the floor beside him.

       I don't entertain broke niggas. Try again tomorrow.

      "Where Raheem?" I asked, ignoring the both of them.

      "Didn't I just tell you he was at my apartment, crying over you."

      "Where's Malik?"

      "Raheem's watching him." She stated nonchalantly causing Tae to laugh under his breath. Man, I swear I hated Yolanda with every piece of my soul. She wasn't a good mother to Malik nor was she a good friend to Raheem. She was doing stuff to get under my skin and spite me.

       I looked at Yolanda with disgust, "Yo, why you playing games?

     Yolanda smirked, "What are you talking about Dwight? I'm too old to be playing any types of game with you."

      "You left Malik with Raheem just for you to be in our faces joking and smiling."

      "Don't flatter yourself. Ain't nobody here to entertain two broke niggas. I was heading to a party but I thought I'll stop by to give you something. She said while reaching in her purse and handing me a sealed envelope.

      I squinted my eyes in curiosity, "What's this?"

"That blood test you wanted. I had it expedited. She said while walking out my bedroom door before pausing....."Oh and since you had a problem with his godfather watching him, I hope you have a different attitude when I ask you to watch your son...baby daddy."

       I waited for the front door to close before tearing open the envelope. I could feel Tae eyes burning into me as I read the printed text on the paper.

      After an awkward moment of silence, Tae finally opened up his mouth, "What does it say?"

       I sucked my teeth while looking at Raheem picture on my phone. "It said what I already knew... 99.9% mines bruh."

       The words crushed my heart. I already knew deep down Malik was mine but to have it confirmed, solidified things. It was like a sudden wave of realization washed over my body. I didn't have a father growing up and my mother barely raised Zach and I. Those were two examples of what I didn't want my son to go through and unfortunately Yolanda was already heading down the wrong path. I was going to be the parent I never had which meant I had to start making better choices for my son.

       The first step to doing all of that was making things right with Raheem first.
~•~

       The next morning came. I walked to the kitchen to see Zachary dressed in his security outfit staring at the microwave. At first, I thought something was cooking in the microwave but when I didn't hear any noise coming from it, I knew he was in his own world.