Chapter Three : Worse Than Detention

"Mia Anderson?"

"Here" I raised my hand as the detention teacher lazily looked up from his thick glasses and scribbled away in the register.

'Oh, This is going to be a breeze', I thought gloomily.

"Zachary Anderson?" He called out , while I pretended to not have noticed our same last names, and praying that someone doesn't ask me about that again.

"Hey?" A heavy-chested girl with even heavily lined eyes called out to me.

Don’t ask about the last name. Don’t you ask about that.

"You got food?" She questioned while leaning in.

Oh I wish!

"No, sorry..." I shrugged apologetically.

Okay so far so good. I sighed.

"Hey?"She said again. "Yeah?" i replied back slightly smiling.

"You are Zach's sister? She asked curiously, eyebrows lifted in conjecture.

Here we Go. I rolled my eyes.

"No, we are not related in any way" I said, clearing someone's doubts for the thousandth time.

It’s kind of awkward and embarrassing to have the same last name as the popular kid when the other person is just few steps away from being a loner. Though it's especially irritating when people constantly mistake you for his sister!

I felt awfully drab with the way some kids looked at me when they found out that we had the same last names.There were some people who observed condescendingly and there were those who stared in shock and  disbelief , and the rest saw me as an acceptance pass that would lead them to Zach and the 'it-group'. Though, when they finally found out the truth, I was nothing more than mere tissue paper to them. No, more like used tissue paper, which was tossed aside and all went their own way.

But It's true. We are related in NO way. I checked.

"Zachary Anderson?" Mr. Smith called out again, this time louder and a bit irritated, but there was still no sign of him.

Mr. Smith mumbled something and began to mark in his register, but his pencil was knocked down on the floor as the door burst open and all the attention was diverted towards the face on the other side of the door. 

Typical.

"Zachary Anderson. Present!" He said, giving the teacher a fake smile.

"Ohh Mr. Anderson! We are blessed to have your presence here. Please , please take a seat." Mr. Smith shot back at Zach completing his statement by his signature sarcastic grin.

But Zach had already turned around and started towards his seat,supposedly at the back.

He passed by me and I carefully looked up only to be utterly disappointed. He didn't even glance my way and just zoomed away leaving a trail of delicious perfume in his path.

He doesn't recognize me now? Whatever. What did I expect anyway, huh? I don’t know why I'm even thinking about it, it shouldn't bother me. 

He made his way all the way to the back and high-fived some guys. This guy has got friends everywhere, it's unbelievable.

How can some people even bear the company of most of the dumb people who go to this school? I just don't understand. Why try to get along with someone you don't like and then go bitch about them? I didn't know 'Back-stabbing' was the new trend around here. I probably wouldn't even get half the information of 'what's-in' if it wasn't for Chloe and a few others.