byron bay love // Nicholas

Start from the beginning

You were heading to the party in your beat-up car. No matter how much money you earned, nothing could replace the feeling of the old thing. You arrive, dressed in a nice floor-length dress, since Finn's family had booked out a nice restaurant for both casts. You adjust your heels and grab your handbag as you walk into the restaurant.

"N/N!" Millie and Sadie squeal with excitement, pulling you into a tight hug. You giggle at the two girl, embracing them both.

"Hi girls, you look gorgeous! My little girls are all grown up." I pretended to cry with pride as they laughed.

"You look like an absolute princess, Y/N! I love your dress." Sadie says, grinning cheerfully. Your heart swells.

"Why thank you, lovely. You look like a queen." You chuckle before invaded by Finn, Gaten, Caleb and Noah.

"Y/N!" They almost tackle you to the ground.

"My boys! You all look so handsome. Hoping to catch some ladies' hearts tonight, I assume." You wink and the boys giggle childishly.

"Y/N, one of my friends is coming tonight. He's in IT and he's around your age, you should get to know him. He's really nice." You sigh, shaking your head as a big of sadness strikes your heart.

"Sorry, Finny boy. No can do, my heart was set on someone back in Aus and I still haven't gotten over him."

"What did you say his name was again?" Finn asks. You furrow your eyebrows in curiosity and confusion.

"I didn't mention his name, but his name is Nicholas. I used to call him Nicky. He was my best friend." You sigh with a nostalgic yet sad smile.

"That's a shame. Oh well." He states and walks off with the boys, leaving you confused.

"Y/N!" You hear a squeal from behind you and are soon tackled in a hug by a certain red-haired teenager, distracting you from Finn's odd behaviour.

"Soph! Good to see you." You hug her tightly.

"I'm just waiting for Jaeden, Wyatt and a few other cast members to show up. Come dance with me!" She drags you to the dance floor and the two of you are joined by Sadie and Millie. You feel so joyous as you spin the girls around and twirl with them, making up silly dance moves.

NICHOLAS' POV
I straighten my dress shirt as I show up at the venue with the IT boys. Jeremy, Wyatt, Chosen, Jaeden and Jack hop out of the limo, looking particularly well-groomed for tonight's event. We all wanted to leave a lasting impression on the ST cast. As I walk in, we're greeted by Finn.

"Nic, there's actually someone you should meet. Maybe you have a shot." I sigh, remembering what I had to do. I don't know why I carried it with me everywhere. For all I know, Y/N could've moved back to Australia. We lost contact when she deleted her Instagram and changed her number. I miss her so much.

"Sorry, Finn. I'm just caught up on a childhood love." Finn smirks.

"What's her name, lover boy?" I smile, filled with nostalgia as I remember her contagious laugh and her gorgeous smile as we ran down the Byron beach during summer, splashing each other in the surf.

"Her name is Y/N and she is the most beautiful girl I have ever met. She used to call me Nicky and I'd call her S/N/N." I sigh, fiddling with the ring in my pocket.

"Let's dance!" Jaeden blurts out suddenly, winking at Finn. The boys drag me into the dance floor and a familiar laugh fills my ears. I see her, long H/C hair flowing behind her as she danced, her E/C eyes glimmering with glee. Her skin still tan, golden from the Australian and LA sun and her body twirling and dancing around with the three younger girls, looking like a goddess. She looked astounding in that white dress she wore. It swished around her with the music.

"Nicholas?" I snap out of it.

"Yeah?" I take my eyes off of her for a second.

"I think it's her."

"But what if it's not? She could be anywhere in the world right now." I feel my heart pound, hoping, wishing, praying that it's her. Jeremy shrugs and gives me a knowing smile.

"Guess you're going to have to find out." I nod and make my way towards her. I call out to her from across the room.

"S/N/N?"

Y/N'S POV
You're having a great time with the girls, feeling free as you glide across the room. You ignore the growing feeling in your stomach as you giggle rather childishly, shimmying with Millie, Sadie and Sophia. Sophia gives you a smirk and Millie and Sadie soon grow the same look on their faces after glancing behind you.

"S/N/N?" You hear his voice echo. In your mind, you wish, beg to God that it's him. Only Nicholas ever called you that. You spin around as quick as you can, the music no longer reaching your ears as you look at the person who called your name. It was him, all grown up. He'd grown a lot taller and definitely started working out, he's wearing a nice crisp white dress shirt and neat black dress pants. His hair is slicked back and he's still devishly handsome, almost sexy even. A look of disbelief, bewilderment and hope filled his eyes as you turned around. It was him.

"Nicky?" It's him, after all of these years, he's back. Unable to stop your feet, you run towards him. As you run into his arms, he swings you around with joy and a laugh/sob escapes your lips. He puts you down, tightly embracing you. Your heart has swelled to its fullest, thumping loudly as tears fell down your cheeks. "Never let me go, never." You whisper into his ear, your arm still tightly wrapped around his neck as your tears hit his shoulder. You grab a napkin off of a nearby table and carefully dab your eyes, but wanting to smudge your makeup. "Damn you, Nicholas. Always making me cry, You're going to ruin my makeup." You let out a choked laugh as he chuckles, resting his forehead against yours.

"I will never let you go again, Y/N. As long as I shall live." He states, holding back tears himself. You suck in air, hoping that what you were about to ask wouldn't be answered with a yes.

"Have you fallen in love, Nicholas?" You ask, gazing into his dazzling eyes. He grins, brushing a piece of hair behind your ear as his gaze travels from your eyes to your lips then back to your eyes.

"Yes, I have. Madly, deeply and truly." Before you can respond, he presses his lips against yours just like he did back at the airport, except this time, more desperately and more passionately, filled with more love and hope. You close your eyes, pulling him as close to you as possible. Nicholas places something in your hand and you gasp, looking at it. "I gave it back." He whispers before burying his head in your shoulder, sobbing with happiness.

"I love you too, Nicky. Madly, deeply and truly."

A week later, it was all over social media. You and Nicholas were truly soulmates. Your mother almost crying with joy when you delivered the news. And a year later, you then mentioned the fact that he laid a diamond ring on your finger, a different promise this time. For though you were young, it was a promise to love you forever.

WORD COUNT: 1963 words