Chapter 21 ~ The Start of Something Horrible

Start from the beginning

"Draco and I are separated," I said.

"What?!"

I rolled my eyes. "It's a long story, Ron. Now, please go ahead and tell Hermione what you were going to say."

"Well, I can't now," he protested. "Not after I get new information like that."

"Honestly, do you even care about us?" I questioned.

"I mean, I want you two to be happy," he replied, then turning to Hermione. "I want us to be happy as well."

"We are happy, Ron," Hermione assured him.

"I know, but I...I want to do one of those marriage renewal things I've read about. What do you think?"

She raised her eyebrows, melting slightly. "You want to marry me again?"

"Well, we were only young when we did it the first time and I got very drunk and...well, to be honest, I can't remember much of it."

"Oh, but I can," I added. "That was dumb of you to do that, by the way..."

"Shut up, Max. Anyway, the truth is, I love you, Hermione, and whatever time says, I'd like the opportunity to say so in front of lots of other people. Again. Sober."

Seriously, why did she marry him when he was drunk?

Gazing at him, she smiled and pulled him in for a short kiss. "You're sweet."

"And you taste of toffee."

She laughed and pulled him in for another kiss when Harry, Draco, and Ginny barged into her office, causing them to quickly pull apart from each other.

"I'm so glad you lot finally got here," I said. "I did not want to see them snogging."

"And thanks for knocking," Hermione added in a sarcastic tone. "So? Did you find them?"

"No. McGonagall checked the entire school and they're gone. They're missing again," Harry answered.

I knew it. "I can't believe this is happening again..."

"I'll get the Aurors summoned immediately, I'll--"

"No, you won't, Hermione. It's all fine. I saw Albus and Scorpius last night. It's all good."

We all looked at Ron with curious and puzzled looks.

"Where?" Draco asked.

"I was having a couple of firewhiskies with Neville in Hogsmeade..."

"Oh, that's nice," I groaned, rolling my eyes. "You're corrupting Neville now, that's great."

"We're all adults now, Max. As I was saying, we were coming back quite late...very late...and trying to work out which Floo I could use because when you've had a drink sometimes you don't want to use the tight ones or the turny ones or--"

"Can you get to the bloody point before we all strangle you?" Ginny asked, sounding annoyed and frustrated.

"Well, basically, Albus hasn't run away. He's having a quiet moment. He's got himself an older girlfriend, actually..."

"An older girlfriend?" Harry repeated.

"Yeah, and a cracking one at that. I saw them on the roof together, near the Owlery with Scorpius."

We all tried to think of who Ron was talking about. Surely, Albus would've told someone about this girlfriend of his. Scorpius never said anything to me about it. Wouldn't one of his cousins mention it to someone if they had known about this mystery girl?