Chapter 20 ~ World Gone Mad

Max's POV

The sun bathed into the living room, the heat reflecting off of my head. Groaning, I opened up my eyes, squinting at the shining sun, covering it with my hand. I sat up, rubbing my temple.

"What time is it?" I asked myself. Then, I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "What day is it?" I felt like I had been passed out for a long time. To be honest, I couldn't remember much. Then, I looked over at the empty whiskey bottles and a few empty shot glasses.

Oh, now I remembered. How the hell was I still alive?

It had all started just by the thought of Draco. The thought of us being apart from each other was really etched into my mind. Then, my mind went to Scorpius, then Harry, then every other bloody person in the family. I was so tired of thinking about it all that I decided to get a drink to relieve my stress. One drink turned to three, then one shot turned to five. Or six. Or eight. I couldn't remember the exact number, but it was way too many.

I stood up from the couch and went to close the curtains when a Patronus came towards me. I backed up and recognized the stag once it was close enough. "You need to come to Hogwarts. It's about Scorpius and Albus," Harry stated. Then, the stag dissolved.

I groaned even louder in frustration. This was exactly what I needed while I was suffering from a hangover, more problems to deal with. I got dressed, brushed my teeth and hair, then Apparated to the edge of the Forbidden Forest. Before I made my way towards the castle, I ran to a nearby tree and threw up. The taste of vomit lingered inside my mouth as I finished. With a disgusted face, I walked up to the castle. I got to the gargoyle, muttered the password, then walked to the door and knocked twice. Once I heard a slight mutter, signaling me to come in, I opened the door and entered McGonagall's office, shutting the door behind me. Harry, Ginny, and Draco stood by the kids while Professor McGonagall stood behind her desk.

"Ah, Maxine, glad you could join us," McGonagall stated.

Maxine. Such a weird feeling when she called me that. "It's always a pleasure, Professor," I replied.

"Well, maybe next time you can come in better shape," she retorted, then turned to Albus and Scorpius. "So, to be clear...you illegally jumped off the Hogwarts Express, you invaded and stole from the Ministry of Magic, then you took it upon yourselves to change time, whereupon you disappeared two people--"

"I agree that it doesn't sound good," Albus intervened, scratching the back of his head.

"And your response to disappearing your cousins was to go back in time again and instead of losing two people, you lost a huge number of people and killed Harry and Maxine and in doing so you resurrected the worst wizard the world has ever known and heralded a new age of Dark Magic. I say, that's a lot of damage you two have done in three days."

"Wait, I was dead for three days?!" I blurted out, widening my eyes, then looking at the boys. "You two killed me?!"

McGonagall rolled her eyes at me, turning her head towards the boys. "Yes, you're correct, Mr. Potter, it doesn't sound good. Are you aware of how stupid you two have been?"

"Yes," Scorpius immediately said.

Albus looked up at his father. "Yes," he responded with hesitation.

Harry cleared his throat and looked at McGonagall. "Professor, if I may--"

"No, you may not. What you choose to do as parents is your matter, but this is my school, these are my students, and I will choose what punishment they will face." McGonagall huffed a sigh. "I should expel you two, but.." She shot Harry and I an odd look. "With all things considered, I think it might be safer for you to remain in my care. You are in detention for...well, you can consider yourself in detention for the rest of the year. Christmas is cancelled for you two as well. You can forget visiting Hogsmeade, too, and that's just the start..."