Chapter 4 ~ Aunt Max's Advice

Before I knew it, Draco, Scorpius, and I were heading back to King's Cross on the first day of September. Scorpius was starting his second year at Hogwarts, along with Albus and Rose. My son seemed excited to go back to Hogwarts. I was hoping the others would be excited, too, especially Albus.

Draco and Scorpius went through the platform, followed by me. I caught up with the two and watched Draco help Scorpius get his trunks onto the train.

"Can you believe that he's going to be a second year, Draco?" I spoke up.

Draco sighed and looked down at Scorpius. "I know. He's growing up so fast."

Before I knew it, I wrapped my arms around Scorpius. "I'm going to miss you!"

"Okay, okay...Mum, get off of me!" Scorpius pushed me away, fixing his hair.

I huffed a sigh and then spoke up again. "Now, Scorpius, I want you to keep an eye on Albus."

"Max, I'm sure Albus will be fine," Draco assured me.

I looked at Draco. "I'm worried about him. I have the right to worry about my nephew."

"Well, don't forget that you have a son to worry about, too," Draco snapped.

Hurt at the comment Draco said, I gave Scorpius one last glance and a kiss on the forehead. "I love you, Scorpius. Behave this year, okay?"

He nodded his head. "Okay, Mum. I love you, too."

I shot Draco a hurtful look and then left to find a member of the Potter family. I scanned around, seeing no sign of the Potter family anywhere. I felt the eyes of everyone on the platform staring at me as I walked by them. I was wondering if people would continue to do that for the next twenty years.

I finally found Harry and Albus entering the platform, followed by James, Ginny, and Lily. Albus looked as if he didn't want Harry to be with him. I made my way towards them.

"Hey, guys," I greeted them.

"Hey, Max," Harry said back.

"Hi, Albus," I said to him, looking down at my nephew.

He didn't respond and looked down at his trunk.

"Apparently, second years don't like to be seen with their dads," Harry told me.

"No. It's just...you're you and...I'm me and--"

"Is it because people are looking?" Harry questioned. "Albus, they're looking at me, not you."

"Yeah, at Harry Potter and his disappointing son," Albus retorted.

"What does that mean?" Harry asked

"At Harry Potter and his Slytherin son," Albus added.

"Oh, Albus, not that again..." I spoke up. "It's been a year already. I'm sure the nicknames have all stopped by now."

Then, as if it was perfect timing, James came strolling behind us and said, "Slithering Slytherin, stop with your dithering, time to get onto the train."

"Unnecessary, James!" Harry scolded at him.

"See you at Christmas, Dad!" James shouted at him.

Harry shook his head, then looked back at Albus. "Al--"

"My name is Albus, not Al," Albus said, cutting Harry off. "I'll see you at Christmas." With that, Albus took his things and headed off without saying a goodbye.

Harry, who looked heartbroken, sighed Then, he looked at me. "I wanted to be here with him," he said.

"Let me try talking to him," I replied.