Chapter 19 ~ Help from Old Allies

Scorpius' POV

As soon as I got back to Hogwarts, I hit the one place I could figure out more about this new timeline: I went to the library.

Seeing my father's memories helped a lot. I had a lot more information than I did three days ago. But I needed to dig deeper, find out about how those events occurred and why. With the way things were, there were a lot more answers that I could only get if I did some research.

I headed straight for the history books. Knowing the history of this timeline was a good place to start at. I scanned the bookshelf until I saw A History of Magic. I pulled the book off the shelf and quickly opened it, reading anything that would be useful to me.

"Okay, so Cedric Diggory was a Death Eater? How did he become a Death Eater? What have I missed? Come on, book. Find me some...light in the darkness. Tell me your secrets. What have I bloody missed?"

"Why are you here?"

I looked up to see Craig Bowker Jr. standing beside me. His clothes were all worn out and he had a desperate look on his face. "Uh...why can't I be here?" I asked, shooting him a confused look.

"It's not ready yet. I'm working as fast as I can," he assured me. "But Professor Snape sets so much of it, and having to write the essay in two different ways...I mean, I'm not complaining...sorry, Scorpius." He now looked terrified that he even said anything to me at all.

"Hold on, start from the beginning. What's not ready?"

"Your Potions homework," Craig answered. "I'm happy to do it...grateful even...and I know you hate homework and books. I never let you down, you know that."

"I hate homework?"

Craig scoffed. "You're the Scorpion King. Of course you hate homework. What are you doing with A History of Magic? Do you need me to do your History of Magic homework, too?"

I shook my head. "No, it's fine, Craig. Just finish my Potions homework as soon as possible." The boy nodded his head and walked away. "Did he say Snape?" I closed the book and slid the book back on the shelf and scurried out of the library. If anyone had the answers that I desperately needed, it was Professor Snape.

When I got to the Potions classroom, I ran inside and slammed the door behind me, trying to catch my breath. "I really do hate running," I said to myself.

"Did no one teach you how to knock, boy?"

I jumped and looked up at Snape himself. "Severus Snape. This...this is an honor."

"Professor Snape will be fine. You may behave like a king at this school, Malfoy, but that doesn't make us all your subjects." He was getting some vials of potions and placing them in a little box as neatly as he could.

"But...you're the answer..."

Snape looked up at me. "How very pleasant for me. If you've got something to say, boy, then please say it. If not, leave and close the door on your way out."

I went up to the table where he was at, giving him a desperate look. "I need your help. I just don't know what help I need. Are you still undercover now? Are you still secretly working for Dumbledore?"

"Dumbledore's dead. Besides, my work for him was public. I taught in this school while he was headmaster."

I shook my head. "No, that's not all you did. You watched the Death Eaters for him. You advised him, supported him. Everyone thought you had murdered him, but it turned out that you two had been planning his death all along. You saved the world."